GDT: [#3] Maple Leafs @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 CST (FS-SW): Polak’s Revenge feat. Carrick Vs. Tavares

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Here's a big positive out of this game. Wish he could've had that first goal as well but it'll come soon hopefully

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I was an hour or so behind, just finished watching tonight’s game.

Bishop had a decent game, a number of those goals wasn’t on him. Depth scoring had good chances but still didn’t cash anything in; our top guys held us in an made it an interesting game.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Pitlick gets a thumbs up. Put himself in and help create scoring chances. He’ll do good as the season goes along under Montgomery system.

Val looked alright in his first NHL game in over 2yrs+. Once he’s back to full health he looks like he could be a top 6 fwd again.

Zapp

Jannies lol
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Spezza has a few games to show something or he needs to go. Been invisible the first 3 games in. Guy just doesn't have whatever made him good anymore.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Take either of them out. They both suck. Comeau has a better chance at rebounding, tho.

Nuke, just flat out sucks. KHL stint combined with his hip surgeries have not served him well.

Spezza played better than he did. :help:
If you admit that his first NHL stint is what actually haven't served him well, than I agree.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
Spezza has a few games to show something or he needs to go. Been invisible the first 3 games in. Guy just doesn't have whatever made him good anymore.
His NMC more than likely keeps him on our roster for the season. It’s something the team has to eat much like the the final year of Lehtonens contract last season.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He looked worse tonight then he did during his first year
That's the point. The mst important years of his development he was in the wrong league doing wrong things. He has not developed well... like at all sadly and I told you Dallas fans to have humble expectations this time around after watching Nichushkin in the KHL... sadly. He was still very raw at draft day. needed a lo of work. Going to NA, changing everything in his day-to-day routine, playing in the NHL while he wasn't ready at that age didn't do him any good. If I look at comparable guys who didn't look anything special early, but stayed in the KHL, they started to show their potential rather late, but they are more than fine now(Panarin, Gusev).

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
That's the point. The mst important years of his development he was in the wrong league doing wrong things. He has not developed well... like at all sadly and I told you Dallas fans to have humble expectations this time around after watching Nichushkin in the KHL... sadly. He was still very raw at draft day. needed a lo of work. Going to NA, changing everything in his day-to-day routine, playing in the NHL while he wasn't ready at that age didn't do him any good. If I look at comparable guys who didn't look anything special early, but stayed in the KHL, they started to show their potential rather late, but they are more than fine now(Panarin, Gusev).

I had ZERO expectations from the guy and judging from the comments (since I can't see the games from where I live), I see he proved me right. Chalk this one on to a manager fervently hoping for his first ever draft pick to pan out under all costs.

Wonder if someone can write off his near $3M salary as a loss

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Nichushkin plays his first game back against the high flying leafs and he doesn't look good? Wow I'm shocked.... as much as I don't think Nichushkin will make a huge impact -- wait until he played at least a few games to criticise where his game is at.

In other news, Heiskanen is great if you haven't heard.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Danythegod

Jun 25, 2013
Ottawa, ON
You guys have something special in Heiskanen.. He looks like a seasoned veteran on the ice. Keeps his cool, great passing and skating. I don't even want to compare him to anyone as I think he'll be his own great player that others will compare to him.

Wish he scored but it'll happen soon

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nichushkin plays his first game back against the high flying leafs and he doesn't look good? Wow I'm shocked.... as much as I don't think Nichushkin will make a huge impact -- wait until he played at least a few games to criticise where his game is at.

In other news, Heiskanen is great if you haven't heard.
Yet Heiskanen looked great without needing to overcome a multi-volume tome of excuses.

Reactions: ZeHockeyFan

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The Faksa line also looked good didn't get scored on 5on5 and created some chances. That second line imho was the biggest weakness outside of the bad PK .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
My flight home was cancelled, so 1) I was spared watching that live, and my client added his daughter and her husband to use the tickets, 2) Couldn't seem to sync up my Fox Go or Direct TV Now App (forgot to write down passwords.....) and 3) ended up following loosely on ESPN website.

My question is, not long after the Klingberg goal, they posted that Seguin scored again and the game was tied 5-5, but took it down soon. Saw no other mentions of a waved off goal in any postgame report. Did Seguin have one over turned in the third?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
My flight home was cancelled, so 1) I was spared watching that live, and my client added his daughter and her husband to use the tickets, 2) Couldn't seem to sync up my Fox Go or Direct TV Now App (forgot to write down passwords.....) and 3) ended up following loosely on ESPN website.

My question is, not long after the Klingberg goal, they posted that Seguin scored again and the game was tied 5-5, but took it down soon. Saw no other mentions of a waved off goal in any postgame report. Did Seguin have one over turned in the third?

No NHL app was really messing up yesterday. Tavares scored and they listed it as Seguin in the app at first. So it was actually Tavares for the Leafs to make it 6-4.

It also gave Sergei Bobrovsky a goal when he got scored on yesterday as well lol

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Thanks.....but you have to wonder how they could get that mixed up?

I'm pretty sure they input that by player numbers. Probably had the wrong team selected by accident (leftover from the two previous goals), and put in 91 for Tavares' goal.

I've seen that mistake at least once before on the ESPN app. It really sucks for hockey coverage, I much prefer the NHL app.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I'm pretty sure they input that by player numbers. Probably had the wrong team selected by accident (leftover from the two previous goals), and put in 91 for Tavares' goal.

I've seen that mistake at least once before on the ESPN app. It really sucks for hockey coverage, I much prefer the NHL app.

The NHL app made that mistake as well. They were also the ones who listed Bobrovsky as the goal scorer on himself when it was actually someone else lol

They messed up a lot yesterday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad