3 games 5 points

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
i guess the wings can get 5 points out of the last 1 and next 2 games vs. tired teams.

1 point we got vs. chicago. i hope the wings will win both games vs dallas and the blues. both teams have to go to columbus the day before. i dont know why they are doing a schedule like this but this is in favour of detroit.

do you think this will spark a nice winning streak?

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I think, I care less about making the playoffs than I do about being a contender. Actually, if we're not a contender, I'd rather have one or two terrible seasons to wake up the entire team from the players, to the coaching staff, to the managers and owners that what they've been doing for the past 3 years has just been a sure and steady lowering of the team's chances.

The Wings have made the playoffs for more than 2 decades. It's not enough to just make it. They need to *win* or at least be *contenders*. They haven't been for a couple years at least. I was not surprised to get bounced in 5 by Nashville. I want lasting changes to bring this team back.

A winning streak due to a favorable schedule just hides the team's deficiencies and gives the management an excuse to say "it's working, we don't need to make changes."

Jun 9, 2011
Detroit
I think, I care less about making the playoffs than I do about being a contender. Actually, if we're not a contender, I'd rather have one or two terrible seasons to wake up the entire team from the players, to the coaching staff, to the managers and owners that what they've been doing for the past 3 years has just been a sure and steady lowering of the team's chances.

The Wings have made the playoffs for more than 2 decades. It's not enough to just make it. They need to *win* or at least be *contenders*. They haven't been for a couple years at least. I was not surprised to get bounced in 5 by Nashville. I want lasting changes to bring this team back.

A winning streak due to a favorable schedule just hides the team's deficiencies and gives the management an excuse to say "it's working, we don't need to make changes."

As much as I don't want to agree with the bold I have to. I mean there is always the chance of any team getting "Hot" in the playoffs but a dominate red wings team is what we have been typically used to in the past and it really sucks seeing them not such a dominate force like they have been. I wouldn't mind seeing a couple less than stellar seasons to make them get their butts in gear, I'm not on the tank train but I def wouldn't loose sleep if they didn't make the post season.

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
That's odd I didn't hear anyone saying this about the Wings last year when they had the short end of a double header. And the truth is drafting up doesn't mean the players going to be a nhl star. Make the playoffs this year get a Fa or two and call up the talent we have in the minors. So we don't have a team of green kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad