3 called up, Wolanin, Elliott and Rodewald

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
I would like to see all three in the lineup. Rodewald - only 24 - has earned another look despite being underwhelming in his previous appearances; Wolanin impressed last year and has had a great start in the AHL - with Chabot, Falk and Jaros out, this might be his chance to make the team full-time; Elliott, I haven't seen much, but he has looked okay to me and at least has the ability to move the puck up ice.

Pyatt sits. That's what I would do.

Reactions: NB613

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
So Boucher said 12-6 and Wolanin in and so is Pyatt. I didn't hear him mention Rodewald so I guess he's out.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I would like to see all three in the lineup. Rodewald - only 24 - has earned another look despite being underwhelming in his previous appearances; Wolanin impressed last year and has had a great start in the AHL - with Chabot, Falk and Jaros out, this might be his chance to make the team full-time; Elliott, I haven't seen much, but he has looked okay to me and at least has the ability to move the puck up ice.

Pyatt sits. That's what I would do.

Boucher said they are going 12-6 that means that paul stays in and that both wolanin and rodewald will play

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Boucher said they are going 12-6 that means that paul stays in and that both wolanin and rodewald will play

I forgot that they played 7-11 last night so with Paajarvi out and Pyatt in, it's true there is a spot open for Rodewald since they are going 12-6. I need a nap before the game.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The blueline we ice against Washington might be the worst blueline this league has seen in a decade.

I mean, I haven't gone back and double checked or anything, but I can't think of a worse blueline since the turn of the decade.

Those old Islanders bluelines in the late 00's were real bad... Colorado had some real lean years back in the early parts of this decade... But honestly this might top them all.

Reactions: NB613

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The blueline we ice against Washington might be the worst blueline this league has seen in a decade.

I mean, I haven't gone back and double checked or anything, but I can't think of a worse blueline since the turn of the decade.

Those old Islanders bluelines in the late 00's were real bad... Colorado had some real lean years back in the early parts of this decade... But honestly this might top them all.
Easily tops them.

Ceci is a #4/5 when he's on his game, then there are a bunch of guys who would be healthies on a vast majority of teams in the league.

It's a D core of healthy scratches.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
I forgot that they played 7-11 last night so with Paajarvi out and Pyatt in, it's true there is a spot open for Rodewald since they are going 12-6. I need a nap before the game.
I would like the sens to go acquire jordan nolan or a similar player. The season is a write off but it would be nice to develop a more competitive mentality moving forward. We could use some more physically imposing players.

Our bottom six lacks nastiness and I don't think anyone in belleville plays that style. It could help bring more of an edge out of the team

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, but by saying "might be", I can remain optimistic that maybe, somehow, this ragtag band of rookies and journeyman nobodies might defy logic and not be the worst bunch of sucks that ever sucked.
Easily tops them.

Ceci is a #4/5 when he's on his game, then there are a bunch of guys who would be healthies on a vast majority of teams in the league.

It's a D core of healthy scratches.
Hmm I dono. Bonk has a point with the avalanche. At least our blue line now is like “yeah healthy scratches. But can skate and have some ability”

Those other d corps were like the last teams in the league to think “oh shit our defense has to be able to play”. Some of those avalanche defence were just shattebkirk (or ej?) and a bunch of guys that couldn’t turn.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Hmm I dono. Bonk has a point with the avalanche. At least our blue line now is like “yeah healthy scratches. But can skate and have some ability”

Those other d corps were like the last teams in the league to think “oh **** our defense has to be able to play”. Some of those avalanche defence were just shattebkirk (or ej?) and a bunch of guys that couldn’t turn.

2008-2009 and 09-10 Avs had terrrrible D. Liles, Salei, Clark and Hannan were their only DMen with over 65 games played in 08-09. Quincey, Hannan amd 38 year old Adam Foote were the only guys in 09-10. David Koci, Brett Clark, Kyle Cuminsky and Ryan Wilson all played between 43 and 64 games. So bad.

Penguins had some terrible D as well in the early 200os

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Hopefully Guy throws everyone a curveball and goes 6-12. Two lines and six pairings. He might hesitate because it would make it harder to put his lines in a blender. Maybe 7-11 would be better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad