3 Amigos: They're back !!! Post #55

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Another great podcast by the amigos, thanks for taking time from your schedules to do this stuff guys, we all appreciate it very much. Good to hear there are a lot of positives going forward for the Bruins.

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
UGH.... stuck in an all day meeting and can't listen... can someone help me out and explain quickly how LV might take Bjork? He's on the first year of his ELC, I thought those players were not eligible to be taken?

CBove1

Jul 14, 2004
St. Paul, MN
UGH.... stuck in an all day meeting and can't listen... can someone help me out and explain quickly how LV might take Bjork? He's on the first year of his ELC, I thought those players were not eligible to be taken?

I think Bjork and whom LV might pluck from the B's are separate topics -- maybe the comma wasn't enough, cause I also panicked when I read it. :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That was very good

Favorite moment Kirk reference Bobby Gould wearing the C one game

Love the internet scouting comment

Kirk’s a good listener

Reed very high on Nordström- lot of interesting information here about him wasn’t aware of

As I thought Swayman is a big time prospect- more and more information coming about him

I love the Halak signing mainly because I used to basically shit my pants expecting a loss when he played for Montreal. Kirk went over this as well providing multiple reasons why this was a smart move.

Dom did a super job breaking down the top two picks absolutely nailing Lauko about if his hands catch up to the rest. Kirk was at the Red Line table and said Kyle Woodlief said it was one of the two best picks on the day

Reed is a big big follower of the Swedish Hockey scene and went into depth about Axel Andersson skills and hockey accumen. I don’t know a lot but I watched a guy who impressed at DC and Reed clearly could talk all day about him.

They seemed in agreement Moore was a good value deal that has balanced new nhl skills and could a very good signing. They didn’t get caught up with the few who’ve decided this is the worst thing ever until it isn’t and they switch over to ‘never mind’

I’ll listen again later and I’m sure pick up more

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
It was great and they mentioned a concern we have about losing Zane. Loved Reed’s reaction to the Axel pick. Now I know where Dan got his idea that Boston will win in 2020. And I thought it was his idea.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Doing this in a podcast is near impossible. It would probably go on for days and not hours, and our schedules don't exactly line up.

So, what we are doing is a several part series covering everything from players, to expansion draft to entry draft, to who should stay and who should go.

When we talked about how we would do David Krejci and the pros and cons of trading him, we thought that a point-counter point piece, similar to what Kirk and I did in the largely popular article in drafting Zachary Senyshyn.

As new posts go up, I will add them. But we began here:

Part 1 Kirk looks at Bruce Cassidy, Charlie McAvoy Bruins are out…what’s next? (Part 1)

Part 2: Reed takes a quick look into the expansion draft Reed Duthie: Bruins are out…What’s next? (Part 2)

Part 3: I look at Ryan Spooner, Matt Beleskey, Kevin Miller, Riley Nash, and Jimmy Hayes Dominic Tiano: What’s Next for the Bruins? (Part 3)

Thanks so much for all you guys do. Truly appreciate the analysis,

GH

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Love you guys ! Nice to hear late picks all positive. Loved what was said about Nordström. Only thing I didn’t like was the Nash possibility coming back at least he doesn’t come
With a trade. Everything I have heard and read says he loved Columbus. Not sure Boston would be his first choice.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
The best Hockey podcast out there, by far, and I regularly listen to 4 of them.

Professional, knowledgeable, insightful, and respectful of the players they discuss. I get they can’t do these during the season with Kirk’s job, but man I’d pay a lot of money to support it if they could keep them going.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
This got me through my shift yesterday.

Thanks guys. Keep it rolling!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I have added it to my "to do" list for the weekend but might have to wait a few days with our big move coming and so much to do. Great to see this trio of heavy hitters is back though

Reactions: Alicat

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Thanks for the nice words here and everywhere else on the internet.

These things are not easy to do. You set a time limit on it because you don't want to go overboard and making to long for people. You keep talking and before you realize it, you've gone past the time you had set. You also set a topic of conversation you want to follow, then a name, or a word comes up and you are going in an entirely different direction. We easily could have hit 120 minutes, and some people would have probably enjoyed that, but for the vast majority, it would have been too long.

Already started to record the next one, which will give some insight into team building and making trades, the thought process and just how hard it is to consummate a trade. As well, we'll dive into the USHL and OHL a little and what the 2019 draft looks like.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
It was/is a great podcast. I don't listen to many, but this is my favorite of the few I do because it is Bruin-centric and done well. I am looking forward to the next one.

blue

Aug 14, 2005
Montreal

These things are not easy to do. You set a time limit on it because you don't want to go overboard and making to long for people. You keep talking and before you realize it, you've gone past the time you had set. You also set a topic of conversation you want to follow, then a name, or a word comes up and you are going in an entirely different direction. We easily could have hit 120 minutes, and some people would have probably enjoyed that, but for the vast majority, it would have been too long.

Already started to record the next one, which will give some insight into team building and making trades, the thought process and just how hard it is to consummate a trade. As well, we'll dive into the USHL and OHL a little and what the 2019 draft looks like.

Excellent work gentleman! You compliment each other so well bringing great insight.
DOM, if I can be so bold, can I recommend you change the position of, or upgrade you microphone? Both Reed and Kirk come through clear, but you come across a bit muffled. It will also help when you need to cut in with a quick comment/correction. You need every edge to keep the other two Amigos in check :)

incidental otter

Registered Spraint
May 27, 2015
I've had a terrific morning watching Wimbledon and listening to your show. Thanks for the time and effort, Amigos!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Nice show of speed on this SH goal, beating one of the better skating dmen in the league in Brent Burns.

I think Nordstrom will help replace some of the underrated PK work done by the dearly departed Nash and Schaller, who were 1st and 2nd on the team in shorthanded TOI ( our PK was third overall in the NHL ) and at a discounted price tag.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

feel free to make it 3 hours Dom and DON`T use the excuse that you, Kirk and Reed are too busy or you`d lose the interest of Bruin fans here, we have no lives:laugh::sarcasm:

Really enjoy listening to all 3 of the perspectives, my only "complaint" is I find all 3 of you a touch too rational:laugh:

Keep it coming, hope all is well

dafoomie

Jul 22, 2005
Boston
Still the best, nothing like it.

Agree that the trend is towards two way defensemen but probably just in the top 4. The skill level overall on the back end is increasing but I've never seen the traditional areas of defense look this bad in the NHL, think one way offensive defensemen could be hit hard but stay at home D could still carve out a role for that reason.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Excellent work gentleman! You compliment each other so well bringing great insight.
DOM, if I can be so bold, can I recommend you change the position of, or upgrade you microphone? Both Reed and Kirk come through clear, but you come across a bit muffled. It will also help when you need to cut in with a quick comment/correction. You need every edge to keep the other two Amigos in check :)

I'll second that, Dom. Wondered about this last year, too.

If possible, perhaps there's an upgrade to be made. If not, pump up your particular volume, which you're already doing.

Keep up the fine work!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad