[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
5PRTWgf.gif

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Arrgh! Couldn't get FoxSportsGo to work on my laptop or phone.

How did the Hedman/Sergachev pairing do? I saw they each got an assist which is good.

And how did Rutta look???

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Arrgh! Couldn't get FoxSportsGo to work on my laptop or phone.

How did the Hedman/Sergachev pairing do? I saw they each got an assist which is good.

And how did Rutta look???
Hedman/Serg were solid, feel like Serg played with a bit more focus. A few minor kinks passing at the point, but otherwise good. Not sure if they were together all night, though. There were a lot of penalties, so maybe I'm misremembering?

And I was impressed with Rutta. He played a solid game. He had decent reads and positioning, moved well, and was physical enough. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of him down the stretch. Plenty solid as a reserve guy.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hedman/Serg were solid, feel like Serg played with a bit more focus. A few minor kinks passing at the point, but otherwise good. Not sure if they were together all night, though. There were a lot of penalties, so maybe I'm misremembering?

And I was impressed with Rutta. He played a solid game. He had decent reads and positioning, moved well, and was physical enough. I honestly wouldn't mind seeing more of him down the stretch. Plenty solid as a reserve guy.

Rutta looked to me like a fringe NHLer. Probably exactly what we wanted in the deal, and what he's been--a guy who can step in and not be a catastrophe, but he's not a guy who I think we want in the line up more than we have to. Looked pretty weak along the boards, to me.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I wonder if we keep them together for the Toronto game on Monday

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

Rutta looked to me like a fringe NHLer. Probably exactly what we wanted in the deal, and what he's been--a guy who can step in and not be a catastrophe, but he's not a guy who I think we want in the line up more than we have to. Looked pretty weak along the boards, to me.

Thanks! Glad to hear all went well. Would be interesting to see Heddy/Sergy verses a high speed killer offense to see how their defensive sides would mesh.

Good to know that Rutta can at least fill in like tonight when there's multiple injuries on the blueline. Might have to draw on him during the playoffs so good he got some time with the big boys.

Reactions: Bolt 45

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
That's accurate. The main thing to me is he wasn't a disaster, or even bad. And I didn't really notice him along the boards. He could have been bad, but at this point I've just accepted that that aspect of our game isn't going to be a strength. I've never been satisfied with it anyway. Some nights it feels like we can win a race to the puck by several feet and still lose the battle.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
I'll reserve any judgement of Ruuta until he has to play a team like the Caps. Playing the AHL squad that is the Red Wings is no real way to measure. Also, most callups run on adrenaline for quite a few games. So we can't really know anything about him in the games we have remaining other than he didn't look lost or catastrophically bad.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I wonder if we keep them together for the Toronto game on Monday
Yeah, I don't know. I guess that depends on whether Stralman is ready to go. I don't like the thought of Girardi against Toronto's speed, but I still think we'd want one of those two in over Rutta for now. And I think Serg on the bottom pairing still works best as far as keeping our pairings relatively mobile.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Bolts kept Rutta's ice time low at 9:11. Only 3 shifts in the 2nd and 3 shifts in the 3rd period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad