GDT: 3/8/22 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Winnipeg

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
At the end of the day we saw one of the worst games for our super stars: Point and Kuch played really bad.
I hope something different for the next game, that will be harder than this one.

Reactions: ultra63

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes. Winnipeg's got some offensive weapons and it felt like we fed that. 2nd period was pretty clean, but you can't win a game you only partially play well for.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Kuch -4, Pointer -3. It's not always a reliable stat, but those feel deserved tonight for the top line

Reactions: Hoek

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Sens dominated the Blues in St. Louis tonight, so bad games happen. But for this piss poor effort a few games after that Pittsburgh game? Disappointing. And it’s not like they’ve been great in the games in between. Couldn’t even score a 5v5 game vs Detroit at home

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The team has been garbage ever since the Stadium series. Most of the defense has been a sieve, several of the top forwards have played some of the worst games I’ve seen from them in a while, and even Vasy hasn’t been quite as sharp(not that his defense, if you’d call it that lately, has done him many favors). Maybe they’ll care to finally show up against a good team in Calgary, otherwise it’s going to be another very long night.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I wanna believe the switch is coming but there are some real issues with the team right now.

Structure is bad. TO's are bad. Urgency to start games is NIL.

Maybe they are satisfied with 2 cups...geez...weak...

Antiramie

Mar 25, 2011
Did our old 3rd line start most regular season games too last year? Cause if so, looks like we’re missing that initial spark to start games.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Did our old 3rd line start most regular season games too last year? Cause if so, looks like we’re missing that initial spark to start games.
I don't remember, but they definitely started every game, every period in the 2021 playoffs

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
The point is that it's almost impossible, this year, to find another couple of players at the deadline, like we did when we acquired Goodrow and Coleman.
At the best, we'll have 1 more guy I suppose.
So, at the end, these are our guys for the 2022 run. Maybe we have not a third line like the 2020-21 one, but we can do much better than this

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Maybe they are satisfied with 2 cups...geez...weak...

I guarantee you that has nothing to do with anything you might be seeing right now. These are the dog days of the season, and as I've mentioned as I'm sure most people here feel, there's really no competitive advantage of winning the division vs. finishing in the #2/#3 spots. Doesn't mean you just punt the games, of course not, but these are not the games anybody is going to care about either way when the story of this season is published. And so, when you're at this point of the season in the position this team is in, now in the middle of a roadtrip against the West and facing an inconsistent team with some high skill forwards, sometimes this is what happens. Right combination of their forwards being sharp, our play being laggy, Vasi having an off night, and there you go. I can pretty much guarantee you'll see a much better effort in Calgary, win/loss/OT. They know the Flames are a team they might see again down the road.

Reactions: hn777

bov

Nov 13, 2010
We had no business being in this game. Vasy was off but to his credit made some really nice saves. Kucherov wasn't even trying, disgraceful lack of effort on his part. Most of the team just looked discombobulated and out of sorts.

I thought Bogosian was fine for his first game back. McDonagh, Cirelli and Killorn were engaged.

Just sloppy and all over the place, but for whatever reason I feel like we put up some really bad games against Winnipeg in recent years.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I feel I've gotten lucky with the games I've decided to skip this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad