GDT: 3/6/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I was willing to deal with it because he was like a godsend to our offensive chemistry.

Stamkos can't play well with anyone else but Kucherov

Johnson can hardly play without Palat

Palat takes til January to get rolling

Killorn can't play with anyone for weeks at a time

Callahan can hardly play offense at all

Namestnikov had tunnel vision

None of that mattered when we had Drouin because he could click with just about anyone and our PP went from almost worst to 1st as soon as he took to the ice. He couldn't play a 200 foot game to save his life but by God was he great with Stamkos, Kucherov and Point. Suddenly we have 2 pairs we could put together that could score at any time. But then something happened I never expected in a million years. We got 2 guys who could score no matter what and who they played with in Point and Gourde.

Suddenly.....

We were able to keep Stamkos and Kucherov together, Namestnikov for all his tunnel vision could piggyback off them, Killorn could get hot and cold and we'd welcome his production and in the meantime Palat and Johnson could struggle all they wanted without consequence and Callahan could slot in the bottom lines. I swear on Yzerman I never.... EVER expected Point to get this good this quickly and I thought Gourde would be back in the minors by February and we were gonna break the "we score 1 goal or less" mark 20 times this year.

Everyone here knows Stamkos and Kucherov are great. Everyone here knows they're 30 goal 80 point players that are marquee faces of the league. But our true MVP? I honestly cannot decide if it's Point or Gourde simply for the flexibility they provide us. It was Jake Dotchin all over again on offense but THIS time it's for real!
Nah...Vasi or Hedman is our MVP to me because if we lost one of them for an extended period of time we'd be completely effed.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
I was going to watch the game last night but then I fell asleep but I’m very happy with the win, less happy that it took another OT though but hopefully getting some experience playing it will at least do us some good in the PO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->