GDT: 3/6/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Sorry gang, but nobody should feel good about that "win".
Cooper and the team better get this figured out before the playoffs, because this style of play and not being able to hold on to leads will get us bounced real quick.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Anton Stralman was a +5 somehow.

Lots of our better players were minuses.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He plays like a 33 year-old Steve Yzerman, aside from the faceoffs. I've never seen a player look so much like him. The slick finesse matched with the high level defensive awareness, risk averse plays.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
What a terrific game by both Point and Gourde!! Miller has been very good with them too.

Though some of the defense was leaky tonight, Strålman was a beast! 2 assists, 2 SOG, 2 blocks, a takeaway and +5 for the night. :eek:

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Sorry gang, but nobody should feel good about that "win".
Yes they have some work to do, but man oh man can you just enjoy a win. Its not like we arnt first in the nhl or something? Theres been a lot more worse years to complain than right now.

Way to go Point that was special and that play call tho incredible!!

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Lmaooooo Peckham. Have the best PBP in the business.

Miller played very well. Gourde and Point were fantastic! Kuch and Stammer looked like they would've preferred figure skating over that game for them. They had absolutely zero room for anything.

What a game. Wish they could stop letting in goals like crazy though.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
lel at the Panthers fans complaining about the reffing. They said they deserved a better fate because they played better 5 0n 5, which is arguable at best. Oh well

Reactions: Master P

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
DXqDdd_WkAAhVYu.jpg:large

killa3312

Mar 4, 2015
lel at the Panthers fans complaining about the reffing. They said they deserved a better fate because they played better 5 0n 5, which is arguable at best. Oh well

Already saying they want Tampa in the first round even though they went 1-3 against the Bolts this season and are 25 points behind them in the standings. They’re not a team I particularly worry about it they do make the playoffs because the Bolts will have McDonagh and Palat by then.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
Already saying they want Tampa in the first round even though they went 1-3 against the Bolts this season and are 25 points behind them in the standings. They’re not a team I particularly worry about it they do make the playoffs because the Bolts will have McDonagh and Palat by then.

I don't care who we play. If we are the best team who gives a f***. Beat the team in front of us and move on until the Bolts are holding the cup.

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Yes they have some work to do, but man oh man can you just enjoy a win. Its not like we arnt first in the nhl or something? Theres been a lot more worse years to complain than right now.

Way to go Point that was special and that play call tho incredible!!
Not really. This team is getting the false impression that they're better than they really are because they're getting Ws in the NHL's ridiculous some games are worth 2 pts and some games are worth 3 OT scheme. No 3 on 3 nonsense in the playoffs, you gotta win 5 on 5 and not have one of the worst PKs in the league. McD will help for sure, but he isn't a god and he's coming off an injury.

I'll enjoy a game the next time I see a convincing 60 minute win against a quality opponent.

Last edited:

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Every team gets hit, and any body can beat any body, but I’d take Florida in the first round just for the travel breaks.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Not really. This team is getting the false impression that they're better than they really are because they're getting the W in the NHLs ridiculous some games are worth 2 pts and some games are worth 3 OT scheme. No 3 on 3 nonsense in the playoffs, you gotta win 5 on 5 and not have one of the worst PKs in the league. McD will help for sure, but he isn't a god and he's coming off an injury.

I'll enjoy a game the next time I see a convincing 60 minute win against a quality opponent.

3 on 3 is nonsense...

3 on 3 is nonsense - e = 3 on 3 is nosens

Nosens = No sens in the playoffs.

So while that's true I don't see the point in bringing it up. Focus on our own team.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Honestly there are a lot of teams who have a right to feel that way :laugh:

JFleegs

Dec 9, 2010
Virginia Beach
Not really. This team is getting the false impression that they're better than they really are because they're getting Ws in the NHL's ridiculous some games are worth 2 pts and some games are worth 3 OT scheme. No 3 on 3 nonsense in the playoffs, you gotta win 5 on 5 and not have one of the worst PKs in the league. McD will help for sure, but he isn't a god and he's coming off an injury.

I get your concern, we are in the dog days of the season, Im more concerned about keeping guys healthy and rested. We will have plenty of practice time with the home schedule down the stretch to work on the deficiencies. Playoffs are a different breed of hockey, I have faith this team will be ready when it counts, they've been there before they know what it takes.

In the mean time enjoy these wins against teams who are fighting tooth and nail to claw into a playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->