GDT: 3/5/20 - 7:00PM EDT - Montréal vs Tampa Bay

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I love it when our Russians get pissed off and play like that. Now piss them off again Saturday night.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Most exciting part of the game was the end of the second where Serg had his fight.

The game was pretty boring. Not a lot of intensity. I'm sure Saturday's game will change that.
No doubt. This was an easy and very comfortable victory. But I hope this team comes out ready for Saturday this time. You’d like to see them get really focused down the stretch and get consistent and make habits and not rely on flipping a switch for certain games.

I like Maroon saying what he said. I like the whole you’re never as good or as bad as you think you are mind set. Bolts can talk about certain positive things they did well in the loss to Boston and then get real critical of where they fell short in their win against Montreal.

Reactions: Master P

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
yay we won.. didnt watch last q - had my own training for tomorrow.

But2 hedman goals wowee, we are clicking now boys. 4-0

TheFurryPickle

Mar 9, 2019
This felt kind of like a 18/19 win, where they built a lead and then just put it on cruise control.

Yes this team is performing like a unit. When our D men come back I expect them to be shaky again but come good for the finals.

Thats how I see the rest of the regular season playing out anyway.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Goodrow was our only forward to play more than 16 minutes at 16:38. All four lines evenly spread between 13 and 15 minutes. Same picture on defense with all defensemen playing between 17 and 19 minutes with Hedman (24:36) and Serg (20:41) as the two outliers.

Solid win.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
game didnt mean much and for most part was played that way i guess can say we knocked another 2 points off to clinching a playoff spot

good news is was plenty of things we can work on power play and pk were not crisp at all thats stuff can adjust for sure so games like this at least tape wise can solve some things..... is really not a lot of true tests rest of year so to work out the kinks as we get healthier is a good thing hopefully they listen and keep improving is all

id really like to see some improvement in the circles in boston one thing coleman did good and we got better as game went.... but that start blah

huge game for serge to stand up to one of the icons in the sport a very big grizzled veteran like weber and actually show he was stronger was truly eye opening to me.... weber is a strong man but in the clinch sergey was moving him around just on pure muscle not so much technique that was awesome so his swag should jump back up again which is awesome

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I've become more and more of a "fighting doesn't have any effect on the game" guy. But, at the same time, something about that one felt good, if only to fans. It's kind of cool to have one of those guys who can play at a high level and also won't be messed with.

Obviously not something we want to see him do all the time, as he becomes more and more valuable. But the shot of his teammates watching from the bench was pretty telling. I think they love that this kid has that element to his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad