GDT: 3/5/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Winnipeg vs Tampa Bay

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
They had a ton of prime chances. We didn't play anywhere near as well can defensively, and we haven't in a while.
They really didn't. 5 HDCF 5 on 5. We had 16.

Vasi didn't really have to make a tough save all night - they were all positional.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
They really didn't. 5 HDCF 5 on 5. We had 16.

Vasi didn't really have to make a tough save all night - they were all positional.
The Jets weren't shooting it particularly well, meaning that Vasy wasn't really forced to make any spectacular saves. We were pretty sloppy and pretty lazy in our own end.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
The Jets weren't shooting it particularly well, meaning that Vasy wasn't really forced to make any spectacular saves. We were pretty sloppy and pretty lazy in our own end.
tenor.gif

Reactions: Master P

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I think our D played well. The jets had very few instances of extended zone time. They did a really good job counter-attacking a few times and got a goal and a few good chances. But that's just credit to them and poor structure on the transition, not really a reflection on the D.
We've gotten really lazy clearing the zone. That'll kill us if we don't clean it up.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
The thing that strikes me most about play in our own end is the ZERO CALM #5 and #6 display at times. #5 in particular. Sweet Christ on a Cracker he spazzes out when he gets the puck sometimes and just ends up turning it over more often than not.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The thing that strikes me most about play in our own end is the ZERO CALM #5 and #6 display at times. #5 in particular. Sweet Christ on a Cracker he spazzes out when he gets the puck sometimes and just ends up turning it over more often than not.
I'm glad somebody else notices. More generally we're taking twice as many passes to clear the zone as we need to. Guys don't want to get hit and they're playing soft. I mean, it's the end of the season, guys are tired, they want to stay healthy, whatever. But it's an uncomfortably familiar situation as we head into the playoffs.

Last edited:

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
I mean - they had like 16 shots at the end of the second. Our D was pretty great. One PP goal and one flukey goal. They had nothing all night.
I agree. I thought our D looked much better tonight than it has of late. As always though, with a big lead late we get lax and start giving up a ton of shots and scoring chances. Vasy I'm sure "appreciated" the opportunity to up his SP. Bummer about the one off the stanchion..

Last edited:
Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
Best game in awhile, we turned it on for 60. Jets were chasing us most of the game.

YayHockeysBack

Jan 12, 2019
Feel a little bad for Vassy.

First goal, two guys charge forward on a PP and fumble the puck, sending the Jets back on essentially a 5 on 2. Can't really blame Cirelli and Gourde(?), but that's a risk you take when you press forward during a PK.

Second goal, definition of an unlucky bounce.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
There's no better pre bedtime activity than reading the opponents GDT after they get trounced by Tampa.

The salt makes me sleep like a baby, boys.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->