GDT: 3/5/19 - 7:30PM EDT - Winnipeg vs Tampa Bay

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Paquette does everything he can including not reacting to getting punched in the face to avoid a penalty. Gets two penalties. You can't explain that.
you-cant-explain-that-memegenerator-net-19619797.png

Reactions: Master P

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016
At least two teams will want to burn that game tape...the Jets and the Officiating Crew.

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
Paq's gotta reign that in, whatever the case. But he's had a fantastic game overall.

He quite literally reigned it in. He didn't even react while getting punched specifically to not draw a penalty. Then they call him slashing on what I assume was poking at the puck at the whistle, something you see 47 times a game and is never called because the ref was too chicken shiat to just call roughing only.

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
Borderline dominant vs. a contender.
Not really. Jets looked bad and that was their own fault. It reminds me of a recent game vs Boston. When Boston fans were talking about domination, even though it was clear that Bolts did not make any effort to win.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
That was a reassuring win. On good rest we elevated our game against a quality opponent in a game that they needed far more than we did.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
He quite literally reigned it in. He didn't even react while getting punched specifically to not draw a penalty. Then they call him slashing on what I assume was poking at the puck at the whistle, something you see 47 times a game and is never called because the ref was too chicken shiat to just call roughing only.
Agree 100%. Terrible job by the official to not identify who had done what. Just wanted to get two potential combatants off the ice. Could have still achieved that but gave the wrong guy the extra two.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Not really. Jets looked bad and that was their own fault. It reminds me of a recent game vs Boston. When Boston fans were talking about domination, even though it was clear that Bolts did not make any effort to win.
We weren't really playing defense tonight, though.

PRZ45MD

Aug 11, 2016

The difference? Bolts were playing third game in four nights vs. Bruins. No such situation for the Jets. They were down Lowry, Byfuglien, and Morrissey though. They were missed for sure tonight. Our 4th line doens't get to punish them if they had all of their players imo. They honestly didn't look emotionally engaged in the game at all. Bolts looked like they were doing this as a tune up game for the post-season. Came out with the right energy and kept it going for a long time.

The number of odd-man rushes that the Jets gave up tonight can't be typical. That said, they have 82 points, we have 106.

Reactions: Hint1k

bigdaddio

Jan 22, 2019
We weren't really playing defense tonight, though.
I think our D played well. The jets had very few instances of extended zone time. They did a really good job counter-attacking a few times and got a goal and a few good chances. But that's just credit to them and poor structure on the transition, not really a reflection on the D.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I mean - they had like 16 shots at the end of the second. Our D was pretty great. One PP goal and one flukey goal. They had nothing all night.
The Jets were not even dangerous take away the shit goal off the stanton and they had there ass handed to them really good. Lanie had just three SHG and only one was dangerous. The Wheeler goal was a good play. Our 4th line had a better night than their 1st line. Which is sweet.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I mean - they had like 16 shots at the end of the second. Our D was pretty great. One PP goal and one flukey goal. They had nothing all night.
They had a ton of prime chances. We didn't play anywhere near as well can defensively, and we haven't in a while.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad