GDT: 3/3/18 - 1:00pm EDT - Philadelphia vs Tampa Bay

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Didn't remember that, my bad. All I remember is the leafs talk all season. Really though, how much money is Kucherov worth?
He's worth 10-11.

I've seen a quote from his agent not too long ago that he's not going to break the bank, so take it for what it's worth. I have a feeling that he would take Stamkos money and be fine with it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He's worth 10-11.

I've seen a quote from his agent not too long ago that he's not going to break the bank, so take it for what it's worth. I have a feeling that he would take Stamkos money and be fine with it.

Do you mind going through the trouble of finding it? Last time I heard news that good Sustr wanted to be traded and then he DIDN'T get traded

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
@LowSodium I didn't answer the question sorry. Realistically he's worth $10 million AAV if he wants it. He could ask for more and I don't think we'd be in any position to refuse. He is in the argument for the best winger in the game right now

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
What were the lines today?

Hedman-Girardi paired for a while, Coburn-Sustr were bloody inseparable until the end when Sustr was mercifully kept off the ice. Stamkos and Kucherov played with Killorn, Kunitz and Callahan stayed together, Gourde and Point stayed together for the most part and had time with Miller too. Quiet day for Cirelli, Erne and Conacher but they had their chances and swung around a bit. Johnson had a quiet day too. But really for the most part Coop pretty much threw it against the wall and prayed that it suck but I gotta hand it to him he kept the hot hands together on offense just right.

It took a while but we turned on the offense and were freaking unstoppable at times.

It was 7-6 but it should've been like 7-3. In no order we had bad puck luck on the Provorov goal, a blown defensive coverage to Patrick, Coburn screwing up royally to feed a Flyer in front of the net -I think it was Voracek or Couturier, a last second goal by Giroux, a shot Vasy never saw go in because Hedman was standing directly in the way and a bad goal (at least I felt that way) given up to Hagg or Haag

All I can say is thank God we traded for McDonagh and Palat will come back eventually. Were it not for these things then full fledged panic button smashing would not only be appropriate, but I'd request that we get new panic buttons because we'd be done smashing them already.

Reactions: Flat Ronnie

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Killer-Stamkos-Kucherov (just feasted on the Flyers)
Miller-Point-Gourde
Erne-Johnson-Conacher
Kunitz-Cirelli-Callahan

Pairings were Hedman - entire defense at one point or another.
They should probably roll with Stammer - Kuch again for a while and see how it plays. Any of the other lines look good or do any damage?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
This afternoon's game left me with a real sour taste in my mouth because the bad penalties, bad PK, inability to clear the puck out, bad coverage just me thinking "We're gonna get killed in the playoffs" the entire time. I legitimately fear for our chances at times and then I have to force myself to remember that we're down arguably our best all around forward in Palat and that McDonagh is gonna set off a positive domino effect on defense.

Next week just needs to hurry up and get here because I'm becoming conditioned to fearing any and all leads, any and all PK's and being convinced a goal is coming any time we're in our own end for longer than 15 seconds

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
They should probably roll with Stammer - Kuch again for a while and see how it plays. Any of the other lines look good or do any damage?
Point's line looked good (of course). Fourth line didn't get much time but Cally and Kunitz were good on the PK. Third line was... okay?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Gourde and Point had a whale of a game. They didn't show up much on the scoreboard but the Flyers had to chase them around all day long. Gourde even got into a little tussle with MacDonald. Miller scored his first goal with us too. Erne wasn't too bad. Didn't show up on the score sheet but didn't hurt anything. Conacher almost scored one from his knees a few minutes before Girardi did. Other than that you'd forget the 3rd line even played today.

Really though today was all about Stamkos, Kucherov and Hedman. They were literally unstoppable

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
It was 7-6 but it should've been like 7-3. In no order we had bad puck luck on the Provorov goal, a blown defensive coverage to Patrick, Coburn screwing up royally to feed a Flyer in front of the net -I think it was Voracek or Couturier, a last second goal by Giroux, a shot Vasy never saw go in because Hedman was standing directly in the way and a bad goal (at least I felt that way) given up to Hagg or Haag.

The only real problem with saying this is that breakdowns of communication, and defensive zone breakdowns in general still happen in the playoffs. Ideally not to the same extent as you'll see in the regular season (sure as hell hope not as much as we saw today) but standing in front of your goaltender and screening his view on a shot that goes in? Not getting back in proper position or losing a matchup? Deflections surely, I mean, those still pop up all the time in playoff hockey, and some of those (deflections more than anything else) are unavoidable.

We've seen barn burner playoff games involving the Lightning before. The 6-5 Rangers game immediately comes to mind. They aren't common in the playoffs but, then again, they aren't that common in the regular season either. The Lightning have played an 8-5 win, a 6-5 win, and a 6-6 tie this season over 65 games or whatever; that's 4% of their games over the space of the entire season (the very obvious caveat being that I could be forgetting a game here or there where they might have lost). Probably wouldn't find too much of a discrepancy on that percentage and if you took a sample of 65 playoff games over the course of time.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The only real problem with saying this is that breakdowns of communication, and defensive zone breakdowns in general still happen in the playoffs. Ideally not to the same extent as you'll see in the regular season (sure as hell hope not as much as we saw today) but standing in front of your goaltender and screening his view on a shot that goes in? Not getting back in proper position or losing a matchup? Deflections surely, I mean, those still pop up all the time in playoff hockey, and some of those (deflections more than anything else) are unavoidable.

We've seen barn burner playoff games involving the Lightning before. The 6-5 Rangers game immediately comes to mind. They aren't common in the playoffs but, then again, they aren't that common in the regular season either. The Lightning have played an 8-5 win, a 6-5 win, and a 6-6 tie this season over 65 games or whatever; that's 4% of their games over the space of the entire season (the very obvious caveat being that I could be forgetting a game here or there where they might have lost). Probably wouldn't find too much of a discrepancy on that percentage and if you took a sample of 65 playoff games over the course of time.

The positive to take is that we're still a month from the playoffs. We can still clean it up but I have to say if these miscommunications persist to this degree then all I can say is that I hope the offense is up for scoring a touchdown every night. We have reason to remain optimistic with McDonagh yet to still join the lineup along with Palat re-joining and all I can say is that they cannot get here fast enough. We've manufactured a ton of wins lately but the overall effort level with the lead is becoming increasingly alarming.

RDTBay4

Apr 28, 2014
Clearwater, FL
On Stammer's first goal, Killorn looks over during the celebration at Miller laughing like, dude I told you these guys are OP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->