GDT: 3/3/18 - 1:00pm EDT - Philadelphia vs Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
MAN I saw the GTD this morning, came back and the games over. :facepalm:

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
What. A. Game! Stammer and Heddy in beast mode, Pointer being his usual awesome self in the shootout, Miller's first goal with us. Intense!

Special congrats to Stamkos for his career high 5 points!! :eek:

Wait a minute! JT Miller scored? It's time to say:

millertime.jpg

Boltswin

Apr 29, 2011
Tampa
That game. I could not watch but it was on in the background. I was (and still am) working on paper. Very glad we won that one.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Looking at the stats...

Hedman had almost 7 f***ing minutes of short handed time. We need McD to come in and relieve some pressure from him - but he's been a horse.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Kuch is also at 85 points now, which is his total from last season. Took him 10 games less to do it this time.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Wow that was a roller coaster of emotions! I think Peckham even celly'd upstairs on Stamkos' 2nd goal with that roar he let loose. What a dominant game by Stamkos, Kucherov, Hedman and Killorn. I piss all over Killorn a lot but damn that was 2015 playoff Killorn right there. He changed the game with that stretch pass to Kucherov on the 2nd Stamkos goal. Miller was good as well, no complaints there - got a timely goal and won key draws for us.

Can go on and on about how well the forwards played in the 3rd and beyond but...

The biggest positive is, this team can score at will. With their poor coverage, bad luck and lapses causing them goals, all these overtime games recently show they can turn it on when they want (most of them). They definitely have the depth and skill, it's just that they make it so hard on themselves (yearly problem it seems like). Sure teams use us as a measuring stick, but Pittsburgh still steamrolled teams throughout the year and clinches the playoffs, Washington, etc. I think our biggest problem is how loose we are in their own end. Too mamy free sticks, one man getting wide open in behind, etc.

There are several moments where they can make a play and instead over think it and get pinned which normally results in a grade A scoring chance or goal. Then there's the lazy missed assignments or turnovers that cost them. I think that and taking too many penalties and icing our offense on the bench is what does us in. I don't know how many PIMs we have this year compared to last year, but it certainly feels like we've taken a lot more. That's what it feels like.

I think they are the most dominant team if they can tighten up the loose ends and be a bit more responsible in their own end.

Vasy got screened twice, gave up 1-2 softies but he played out of his mind in the 3rd and overtime. Guy was unreal with the glove. I keep saying this every game, win or lose, if they tighten up their back end, which hopefully there's more stability with McDonagh soon, they go from this pretender since January garbage to the team we KNOW they can be immediately.

So glad they pulled it off.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I don't know man he could have great games but 5 points??

He has 11 4 point games in his career.

Anyway I was just referring to his ability to hold the puck and control the play for long stretches. It seems like a myth now, but he used to do it every so often and it would be awesome. He played some amazing hockey from Oct-Nov 2013. Maybe the best of his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->