GDT: 3/27/15 - Flames @ Wild - 7PM CT / 2AM Suomi - FS-N+

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I really want to beat the Kings tomorrow for many reasons, but one being that I want the give the Flames another chance to hang in there. Would love them to take the spot of the Kings or Jets. :nod:

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Wow, what a game! Wild really is firing with all cylinders right now. I bet no one wants to face them in the playoffs. Just get a really good vibe from this team.

Let's beat those Kings tomorrow!

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm guessing Brown injures Pominville again. Please stay healthy...

Brown and Voynov are the only reasons LA isn't my favorite California team. And Brent Burns, I suppose (SJ is).

In spite of Pominville's goal scoring difficulties, he's been underrated offensively this year by our own fans, similarly, but not as much as Vanek has. I too hope he stays very healthy.
I'm more worried about our centers, though. We aren't nearly as deep on them as wingers. Were Pominville to be injured: Zucker comes back, and Vanek can slide into Pominville's place while Zucker keeps the top 9 just as strong. The good news is Haula seems to be picking it up, lately, and we have Brodziak and Carter on the bottom line, and both are natural centers. Still worry about those top 2.

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
We all know Brown is going to be a dick on skates tomorrow.

The good news is whatever damage he deals, this year ir should not be a crippling blow as in previous years.

And with Stewart coaching our guys in how to hit better, he might not even get the chance, or at the very least might not get off the ice afterwards without having to throw down.

Of course the refs won't call anything. They never do.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm guessing Brown injures Pominville again. Please stay healthy...

Honestly that is my biggest fear going down the stretch. This team cannot afford to lose the nucleus players. He may not be great offensively this year, but he is still a threat that teams have to take seriously. And him playing on that top line is leaving Vanek on the 3rd to just decimate teams.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
We all know Brown is going to be a dick on skates tomorrow.

The good news is whatever damage he deals, this year ir should not be a crippling blow as in previous years.

And with Stewart coaching our guys in how to hit better, he might not even get the chance, or at the very least might not get off the ice afterwards without having to throw down.

Of course the refs won't call anything. They never do.

lol dick on skates. Yeo should just have Stewart be Brown's shadow all night. Like white on rice.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
lol dick on skates. Yeo should just have Stewart be Brown's shadow all night. Like white on rice.

Well if Carter is playing we will have 3 guys out there who won't mind putting Brown into the boards if warranted.

I'm still at a loss how that weasel is always on the USA teams, not to mention, an Assistant Captain.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
that was a must win for calgary and we brought our A game , terrific win for the good guys! i originally said i thought 93 points would get us in the playoffs , its close but we might need a couple more. sidenote nino is so do for a goal.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
He's an easy guy to root for.

Agreed, also someone you can point to and say "watch how he plays and try to emulate it" like my Dad used to point out certain players when I was a little kid.

Parise I think is vastly underrated by the league because he isn't "flashy", but people I bring in from out of state who haven't seen the Wild live are even more impressed with him (and Suter) watching them live and what they do.

He's a top player and he hustles like he's a 4th liner trying to stay up, it's fantastic to watch, and as a fan to root for and the fact he's "one of us" makes it even more awesome.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I always thought that the Bruins were far more physical than the Wild, though I can see that there is a similarity in their work ethics. I can see why a guy like Kessel wouldn't work out there.

If anything, I think we are more like Montreal. A fast, smaller, effort team with really good goaltending.

I hope Carter is ready to go against the Kings, though I'm sure he'll be rusty. Bergenheim just isn't cutting it. Ideally we'd have Brodziak and Carter ready to go against the Kings, but Schroeder's speed looked really good tonight. He might be able to catch the Kings flat footed a couple of times. Really think he needs to be on a more offensive line, but who are you going to take out in the top 9?

I wouldn't say this reminds of Montreal, you have big players in your lineup, and players that can be physical.
Then the balance is there, forwards, D especially, it's starting to be a really strong one, good depth there now that the boys are healthy, and then the goaltending.

Forwards lineup will be tough to do in the payoffs, lots of depth guys playing really well. For me I'd keep the Granlung line the way it is, then you have a tough time with the other 9.
Maybe keep Koivu+Stewart, Coyle+ Vanek and Haula as the 4th line C and then build from that.
Smaller teams will have trouble playing against them, every line has speed and size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad