GDT: 3/22/18 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ New York Islanders

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Ok...can we PLEASE go and give Vasi a little breather now? FFS, he's been awful since the start of 2018 and had another miserable night tonight. I'm not saying a breather will be the answer, but his performance right now sure is a g-ddamned problem and if this continues we're in big trouble in the playoffs. Jeezus.

Reactions: AlwaysSunnyInTampa

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Whether or not vasy /needs/ a breather or not, it’s not like he’s winning us games. So why not give him some games off?

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
Have the Lightning broken Vassy?
So what, you just keep sitting him so he doesn't become further "broken"? The team has to know whether it's goalie can handle the pressure and the load. Vasy is 23 yrs old and he's being tested while learning what it takes to be a #1. Hell, the best goalie in the league is 37 yrs old and hasn't always been great. So, yes, is Vasy's confidence shaken, count on it. Can he get it back? Of course. Will that happen this year, or is he not quite ready to be Cup winning goaltender? Tough to say. Of course, having the Keystone Kops playing in front of him on the PK sure isn't helping any.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I thought it was obvious that what he was saying is that any Lightning games in Sunrise would be overrun by Lightning fans. I think it's safe to say that's the only arena in the league where Lightning fans could overrun the hosts.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Ok...can we PLEASE go and give Vasi a little breather now? FFS, he's been awful since the start of 2018 and had another miserable night tonight. I'm not saying a breather will be the answer, but his performance right now sure is a g-ddamned problem and if this continues we're in big trouble in the playoffs. Jeezus.
QFT

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Should we all support Cats now? If they make play-off it means home ice for Bolts for all games of the 1st round.
I'd love to take advantage of a young and inexperienced Devils team. They don't have the firepower Florida does either. 15th in goals, 17th in PP%, 21st in shots per game, not to mention they're 30th in faceoffs, worse than us some how. And being from NJ and suffering defeats in 03 & 07, personally it'd be nice to finally win a series against them. Only problem is we just never play well against them.

A TB-FLA 1st round would be really fun though.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
We give up 6 goals and Sustr is on the ice for one, the deflection by Beauvillier, yet he's the problem. Get Girardi off the damn PK. We are getting murdered with him out there, he's dragging down his partner and the entire unit. Hedman had a terrible game defensively as well, give the man a night off.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
We have an ON switch, an OFF switch, and nothing in between.

Once we were up by only a goal, we suddenly took over again. The team just coasts when it doesn't feel threatened. Playing with fire.

This. I wouldn't be surprised if we're laughing at ourselves in 3 weeks. The end of the 2016 season felt exactly like this.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Stralman had a pretty lowsy game, too. Not worried about him, it was just weird to see, because he doesn't have too many of those.

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
I thought we would have learned by watching what happened on Tuesday when the Leafs got a commanding lead and took their foot off the gas in a road game. The whole team did exactly that and let them and their crowd back into it. Not something we will do in the playoffs and it just looks like we are ready for the season to end.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Watched this way after most. Wtf was that? Was expecting the usual 4-2 or 5-2 game that we seem to always have against them but 7-6?

Not much to say. Vasy after that 6th goal looked like he wanted to cry while at the same time he also looked like he could've morphed into an F5 tornado and ran through the entire bench.

First was alright, we still take too many penalties. Second was an explosion and the third is burned into my mind. We had a four goal lead and we were holding our breath on a potential hat trick goal by Ryan Pulock with seconds to go from a one timer.

Why do they do this to my life.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018

nope Cooper
giphy.gif

No more TMMOTI ever again please.

We sure need to work on our PK, but would be nice if we stop feeding the opponents PP. you know we can't afford dat.

Last edited:
Reactions: CupsOverCash

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I'll say it. The defense has been terrible since McDonagh got here. He himself however, has not been terrible. I don't get it.
Lack of aggressive forechecking concerns me.
I've seen the team skating parallel with the opponents like a figure skating partner or simply chasing them...I've seen the opponents do more forechecking than us.
I do see Yanni does that but the defense usually works as a team. Need more than a couple of players doing individual work.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->