BRUINS GDT 3/21 - Game 74 - C is for Cookie - Boston Bruins @ New Jersey Devils - 7pm ET - NESN, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Missing this one tonight, we have a colleague who was diagnosed with Breast cancer a month ago, prognosis looks good for a return to work but likely 3 months away. Management initially asked if us servers would be willing to forgo our gratuities for our shift tonight along with the company donating 10% of the sales from the day. Everyone said sure but this lady will be out for almost 3 months and her husband has no benefits and neither does our staff member.

I said that`s not good enough, I spoke personally with her (staff member) about if she would be comfortable with going a "touch" public as I wanted to organize a silent auction to go along with the other financial gestures. I had to speak to corporate and they were on board with it. My father in law knows a guy in radio so we pushed a spot on the radio down here and I asked all staff to talk to friends/family/neighbors and seek out items they could donate for auction from their businesses.

The response from the business community has been moving, we will have over 45 items available for auction this evening at the restaurant with ALL proceeds from the auction going directly into the pocket of our terrific colleague and her husband.

I know there is a few BC maniacs here, anyone in the Victoria area, PM me as I`m not sure I am permitted to post information here about exact location etc.....

Hoping we raise a bunch of money tonight, puts everything in perspective, feeling grateful today to have my health and the ability to feel compassion and empathy for others enough so I can help out a bit
Very nice ODAAT

Reactions: HustleB

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Very nice ODAAT

Thx, just doing my part, I`m at that age now where I have begun to try and look after my health a bit better and all our hearts goes out to our coworker and husband, they have a 17 year old son which is going to be helpful as he can pitch in and help out dad a bit around the house until his mother recovers. She`s a terrific coworker, one of those rare one`s who punches in, does her job, doesn`t rock the boat.

I don`t have the business connections here that others do but the radio spot was a good start and GolfTown here was terrific, offered 2 great golf packages and a few bags to auction off.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Missing this one tonight, we have a colleague who was diagnosed with Breast cancer a month ago, prognosis looks good for a return to work but likely 3 months away. Management initially asked if us servers would be willing to forgo our gratuities for our shift tonight along with the company donating 10% of the sales from the day. Everyone said sure but this lady will be out for almost 3 months and her husband has no benefits and neither does our staff member.

I said that`s not good enough, I spoke personally with her (staff member) about if she would be comfortable with going a "touch" public as I wanted to organize a silent auction to go along with the other financial gestures. I had to speak to corporate and they were on board with it. My father in law knows a guy in radio so we pushed a spot on the radio down here and I asked all staff to talk to friends/family/neighbors and seek out items they could donate for auction from their businesses.

The response from the business community has been moving, we will have over 45 items available for auction this evening at the restaurant with ALL proceeds from the auction going directly into the pocket of our terrific colleague and her husband.

I know there is a few BC maniacs here, anyone in the Victoria area, PM me as I`m not sure I am permitted to post information here about exact location etc.....

Hoping we raise a bunch of money tonight, puts everything in perspective, feeling grateful today to have my health and the ability to feel compassion and empathy for others enough so I can help out a bit

You're a good man ODAAT :thumbu:

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
B7BCF336-B912-4EA5-8A4D-1C0A43809864.gif

Reactions: Mantis

Walkenthewalk

Dec 10, 2008
Devils now without Palmieri (upper body) tonight, they could swap rosters with Binghamton right now and not sure anyone would notice. B's need to jump on them and put this one out of reach early.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Devils now without Palmieri (upper body) tonight, they could swap rosters with Binghamton right now and not sure anyone would notice. B's need to jump on them and put this one out of reach early.

in theory you would think that`s the way it should or would go but we saw the game plan from the Devils a few weeks ago, clog up the neutral zone, barely have an attack and hope you cash in on the few chances you get. It frustrating to play against and boring to watch

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005

Good luck all involved. I always thought you lived on the east coast, not the west coast.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Hey guys! Id like to know how did Pastrnak play last game ? Thanks :)

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Hey guys! Id like to know how did Pastrnak play last game ? Thanks :)

He led the team in shot differential at +19. He looked good. Maybe tried to dangle a bit much. On his best chance his stick broke.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Schneider is starting tonight & a rookie d-man will be playing in his first NHL game.

45 save shutout and the D-man scores his first goal? What are the odds on that.

Realistically the Bruins should put up at least 5 tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad