GDT: 3/21/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Montréal

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
You guys said what I was thinking - pathetic.

My takeaways from the game:

1. Hagel can take the puck away from players like Datsyuk at times. It's crazy.
2. Vasy is playing/seeing shots like a backup. Fact.
3. Hedman looks hurt and is making decisions on par with Cernak or a #4 D. I'm guessing he's hurt because he struggles extending himself to the right (on his backhand). He can still shoot and skate so it's not so detrimental but he doesn't look right. Aside from that, his decision making is so poor. Has been. I sort of wonder if it's something personal (like their child) and it's affecting sleep/routine because this isn't the Hedman we are used to. Not ready to say he's declining either until it stretches into next year.
4. Jeannot let Pazzetta take runs at Kucherov, Perry and himself and did f*** all about it. Probably because he's too slow for the play and his window of opportunity is always gone. If you're not gonna provide *anything* offensively against the Laval R- I mean, Montreal Canadiens, at least stop the plugs hitting your stars 10 games away from the playoffs. Idk, what do I know.
5. Eyssimont spends more time on the ice than Killorn and not in a good way. Ace gets bodied easily.
6. It took Maroon a wide open net to score his 3rd goal in 70 games...
7. I give Cooper a lot of leeway, and I don't really care too much about his "issues" with the team, but he absolutely crushed Nick Paul's confidence. Ever since Cirelli's return, the guy has been flat in comparison to before. He's done a lot of nothing offensively and can't find his game at all.
8. Cernak needs to be better. Not just for this year's sake, but the future. One backcheck doesn't cover for stupid ass pinches, whiffs and missed passes.

3 wins doesn't override the piss poor 20 games stretch we've seen. Trying to be optimistic but the team looks like hot garbage. Hot, steaming, Drouin-esque garbage.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

3. Hedman looks hurt and is making decisions on par with Cernak or a #4 D. I'm guessing he's hurt because he struggles extending himself to the right (on his backhand). He can still shoot and skate so it's not so detrimental but he doesn't look right. Aside from that, his decision making is so poor. Has been. I sort of wonder if it's something personal (like their child) and it's affecting sleep/routine because this isn't the Hedman we are used to. Not ready to say he's declining either until it stretches into next year.
4. Jeannot let Pazzetta take runs at Kucherov, Perry and himself and did f*** all about it. Probably because he's too slow for the play and his window of opportunity is always gone. If you're not gonna provide *anything* offensively against the Laval R- I mean, Montreal Canadiens, at least stop the plugs hitting your stars 10 games away from the playoffs. Idk, what do I know.
5. Eyssimont spends more time on the ice than Killorn and not in a good way. Ace gets bodied easily.
7. I give Cooper a lot of leeway, and I don't really care too much about his "issues" with the team, but he absolutely crushed Nick Paul's confidence. Ever since Cirelli's return, the guy has been flat in comparison to before. He's done a lot of nothing offensively and can't find his game at all.
8. Cernak needs to be better. Not just for this year's sake, but the future. One backcheck doesn't cover for stupid ass pinches, whiffs and missed passes.

3 wins doesn't override the piss poor 20 games stretch we've seen. Trying to be optimistic but the team looks like hot garbage. Hot, steaming, Drouin-esque garbage.

I like how Killorn-Paul-Stamkos is finally getting ice time in the final hour of the season after we spent 40+ games trying to make Stamkos and Cirelli work for the millionth time, he absolutely ruined Paul this season.

Just stop screwing with the lines and let them set for awhile, he moved Stamkos up with Point and Kucherov in the last 10minutes of the game and they didn't do jack. I get it, he wants his 3 "best" offensive players together but Hagel has like 10 less points than Stamkos this season and provides a different element on that line, let the lines build chemistry, that way if Point/Kucherov get hemmed or gassed you have a second threat going out next.

Hedman doesn't look like he's injured, it's just poor, poor decision making. You wanna carry it up the ice instead of passing to Point? Ok then don't lose it 5 times at the blue line, it's like he watched Karlsson's goal from last night and thought he had hands too.

And yeah, Jeannot looks like crap - just calling it as it is.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I like how Killorn-Paul-Stamkos is finally getting ice time in the final hour of the season after we spent 40+ games trying to make Stamkos and Cirelli work for the millionth time, he absolutely ruined Paul this season.

Just stop screwing with the lines and let them set for awhile, he moved Stamkos up with Point and Kucherov in the last 10minutes of the game and they didn't do jack. I get it, he wants his 3 "best" offensive players together but Hagel has like 10 less points than Stamkos this season and provides a different element on that line, let the lines build chemistry, that way if Point/Kucherov get hemmed or gassed you have a second threat going out next.

Hedman doesn't look like he's injured, it's just poor, poor decision making. You wanna carry it up the ice instead of passing to Point? Ok then don't lose it 5 times at the blue line, it's like he watched Karlsson's goal from last night and thought he had hands too.

And yeah, Jeannot looks like crap - just calling it as it is.
Agreed and to think Paul was pacing a 30 goal season and has been in the teens for ages now. He has to have like 1 goal in the last 20 right? Or am I missing something? He looks disappointed right now.

Hedman does and doesn't at times. I thought he skated well in the first NJ game to scrap the idea, but just keep an eye on it. He's hesitant in some positions and it makes me think he's protecting something or not doing too well. Idk, just my speculation given how low his play has tanked for his standards. If it's fatigue, we'll probably find out after game 5 exit interviews cause we won't get far with our best defenseman playing like he is in a series against Toronto.

Agreed on Jeannot. Called it on game one about his skating and he's out of the play at nearly every turn. He can't skate in the top 9. The only spot is in place of Perry on the 4th next year but for right now, he's a weak link on the 3rd. He just is. Cirelli needs two competent wingers for a shutdown role and that's not Jeannot. He's gonna get left st the terminal by Matthews and Nylander. He did nothing worthwhile against a mediocre opponent this evening and hasn't taken any opportunity to announce himself as a threat with the puck. Heck, he barely touches the puck. I'm sorry, we paid a premium and everybody gave glowing reviews including Brisebois about how much they liked him, but his skating does not jive with our team except Maroon, PEB, and Perry (and that's no compliment). I'm not holding crazy expectations for him, I just want to see him contribute physically if nothing else. If this is how he's going to play when games are more intense, this moved the needle toward the opponent cause his skill set is lacking and he's doing very little to wreak havoc. Yanni Gourde played a tougher game in his rookie season than what we are seeing right now.

Reactions: Hoek and Ducati Boy

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Agreed on pretty much everything, although Paul is starting to get chances. And that's usually the first sign that a guy is getting his game back.

Hard not to be worried about Vasy. As much as scoring was the issue, Maroon's goal should have tied the game. And it's not like the other chances were Grade A.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
i've said it before, and i'll say it again, right now serge is our best offensive and defensive defenseman. and that's not good for a team trying to go deep in the playoffs again.

lets just hope hedman is coasting through the regular season to conserve energy

NARRATOR: he's not

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
And play them where? Forwards are all locked, none of those guys aside ABB are showing anything either.
Bellemare provides next to nothing for us and his "Contract Surplus Value" is the lowest among skaters. so if anything, send him down and Raddysh down to open up the cap to 2.2m. Call up 2 of Balcers, Ryfors, BB, Fortier and put them on 4th like with Eyssimont. Ryfors has been the Crunch's 2nd best forward this year and is shooting at a 17.5% rate right now. Balcers has been decent in the NHL this year when given the chance. Fortier can be a decent PK guy and has some speed to his game. BB is BB and maybe he will finally hit his mark in the NHL with some ice time. Resting some of our guys would be smart so they can be playoff ready.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Hedman is maybe the worst D on the team right now. Vasy lets in back breaking goals he has always saved before. Jeannot has regressed and does f*** all anymore.

Getting outgoalied by Montemwhatever is pretty pathetic.

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
We’re gonna get swept in the first round playing like they have over the last 20 games or so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad