GDT: 3/20/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Toronto vs Tampa Bay

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Having Palat back in the line up should hopefully alleviate some of the negativity around the team that was expressed by Stamkos.

Reactions: DaBolts

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Let's go :bolts!!!

Please don't suck, especially with Palat back!! :puppy:

Am trying not to expect too much from Palat considering how long he's been out. But still....
:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Palat and his average 17:30 mins a game will help our team D. Even though its one guy helping but is definitely a part of Palats game that we need and miss.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Let's go :bolts!!!

Please don't suck, especially with Palat back!! :puppy:

Am trying not to expect too much from Palat considering how long he's been out. But still....
:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:
I'm expecting to see him with limited minutes until he's back up to game speed but having him back does wonders for the team imo. Its crazy how having one player back can make a lineup look amazing. He's also probably our best two way forward with the exception of maybe Point. Man wins puck battles along the boards which is something we've been lacking.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I don't know... if he was held out for a precautionary amount of time then I have to imagine he's ready to play his normal minutes. Either way getting back his defensive capabilities is going to help a lot. The Lightning are seldom the same team without him.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I don't know... if he was held out for a precautionary amount of time then I have to imagine he's ready to play his normal minutes. Either way getting back his defensive capabilities is going to help a lot. The Lightning are seldom the same team without him.
You're probably right. I guess it just comes down to have fast he can get back up to game speed. Hopefully it only takes a shift or two.

I also think he's a much bigger leader on the team then people realize. There is a reason he wears an A. A lot of people mention Callahan in terms of leadership and while thats true I think Palat is just as important in that regard.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Did Vasilevskiy come out publicly and say he is fatigued? Or are people just assuming?
He said it in an interview. He hasn't been started as heavily since then - partly because we had a 4 day break in the schedule on top of it.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
WELCOME BACK PALAT!! That is a really big return for this team. However, don't like them lines.

Miller - Stamkos - Kuch
Killorn - Point - Gourde
Palat - Johnson - Erne/Callahan

I think there is more scoring depth like this than having both Point and Johnson on the same line.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
WELCOME BACK PALAT!! That is a really big return for this team. However, don't like them lines.

Miller - Stamkos - Kuch
Killorn - Point - Gourde

I think there is more scoring depth like this than having both Point and Johnson on the same line.

Sames.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Miller - Stamkos - Kuch
Killorn - Point - Gourde

Until we see if Palat is 100%, I would rather shelter him with Point for a couple games. If all is OK, I would not want Callahan on that line with Palat and Johnson. Both play a huge cycle game, and Callahan's blind passes will kill any control they have. Erne would work well, or we can hope Conacher can rekindle any chemistry he had with them before.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Great to have Palat back, we've sure missed him.

Five players will be scratched then:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
This is gonna be a gut check game. The roster taking the ice tonight should be the one taking the ice in game 1 of the playoffs. Let's start to get things right, boys.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I really hope we found Coburn's charger. I fully expect him to go blank and glide to a halt any game now.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Just remember, this team made it to the stanley cup finals with Andre Sustr and Matt Carle. Things could be worse.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Just remember, this team made it to the stanley cup finals with Andre Sustr and Matt Carle. Things could be worse.
Geez, I forgot Carle was a part of that equation. To be fair, it's been a little harder to settle on a genuine scapegoat this year. It changes from game to game. It's been hard to get into any kind of a rhythm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->