GDT: 3/20/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Toronto vs Tampa Bay

PaulGG

May 15, 2011
There were a lot of Toronto fans and they were going crazy until comeback started then they disappeared. The boys showed a lot of character in taking over the game and not folding. The first period was very frustrating because they made some really good plays but nothing went in and their goalie was not giving up rebounds. Hopefully we get on a roll now.

Reactions: RDTBay4

DMXATF23

Mar 9, 2004
St. Petersburg, FL
Didn't get to go to the game tonight. Apparently after the 3-0 goal Vasi skated over to the bench and started reaming the team out, then he smashed his stick against the boards. After that is when we started to crank it up.
Must’ve missed that, I went to get more Crown after the third goal, “well, I might as well at least get drunk.”

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
SPOILERS

Hedman's goal til the end of the game portrayed by Hollywood.

SPOILER: I GET BLOWN OUT THE AIRLOCK

A win is a win but we still only beat them without there best player and with there number two d man out. So pretty much how would we do without stralman and kucherov?

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
A win is a win but we still only beat them without there best player and with there number two d man out. So pretty much how would we do without stralman and kucherov?
Yeah, but we beat them without Dotchin, so they didn't lose Marner or Nylander early in the first. Think about that.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Eking out a 4-3 win at home against a team missing it's best player doesn't mean this team is playing well or consistently. Yet. Oh, and we gave up two more PP goals. (I know it only shows as one on score sheet but the first one was on a delayed penalty and so was really a PP goal too) Really ugly and playoff poison. And Vasy, not playing well enough and def not playoff ready. Yet.

So, while I enjoyed the win, give them full credit for a nice comeback,think McD is coming into form, think Miller is a beast, love to see Palat back and know they have a ton of talent, I am definitely not convinced.

Im not necessarily convinced either but it was a big win for our guys. They needed something like this. If they can gain some positive momentum and ride this wave then I think it was a huge win. If they go back into their shell and only play hard when they need to at this point it wasnt that big of a win. Because they didnt really learn anything. Im with you in that we need to see them play like that consistently before being confident for the playoffs.

Reactions: T REX

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Zaitsev is Toronto's most consistent defensive defenseman and if you ask 31 GMs around the league who they would rather have on their team, no way it's a slam dunk for Kuch. Matthews is a more complete two way player who brings scoring and a 6' 3", 220 lb body to the mix. In short, you don't know WTF you're talking about.

Flawed reasoning, that still doesn't make him comparable to Stralman.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Must’ve missed that, I went to get more Crown after the third goal, “well, I might as well at least get drunk.”

I tried drinking Molson's after it was 3-0, but still couldn't get my liver to switch to being a Leafs or Habs fan.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I do have to add, even though I forgot to last night from lurching between Skyway Bridge Depression to "Hell Yeah we spanked the Leafs", Serge looked pretty good from the right side. He's still making mistakes as 19 year olds do (what do you mean I don't get more for the $20 lap dance?) to showing signs that we are going to have a Predator like defensive group in the years to come.

More 2004

Stamkos Apologist
May 3, 2004
Tampa
IMG_20180322_013734.jpg
took me a while to dig this up.. lol made this pic right after that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->