GDT: 3/20/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Toronto vs Tampa Bay

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Great 3rd period and comeback. Absolute dog shit first half of the game though. Hope they ride this momentum and get their shit in gear. It was a big win if they can ride that wave.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
too-sweet-5.gif
Not even half as good as the OG nWo.....

Matt Watson

Feb 10, 2018
Fairfield, CT
You really are a Debbie downer.
Eking out a 4-3 win at home against a team missing it's best player doesn't mean this team is playing well or consistently. Yet. Oh, and we gave up two more PP goals. (I know it only shows as one on score sheet but the first one was on a delayed penalty and so was really a PP goal too) Really ugly and playoff poison. And Vasy, not playing well enough and def not playoff ready. Yet.

So, while I enjoyed the win, give them full credit for a nice comeback,think McD is coming into form, think Miller is a beast, love to see Palat back and know they have a ton of talent, I am definitely not convinced.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Yeah, alright.
Yeah, sorry I don't believe that they're just not playing to conserve energy :laugh::laugh::laugh:.

The result was good tonight, but as usual, they first half of the game was not. You cannot play like that in the playoffs, period.

Until they show that they can string together some wins without looking like garbage through half of each game, I'll change my mind.

The way they are playing now will not get them pay anyone in the first round. Guaranteed.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Eking out a 4-3 win at home against a team missing it's best player doesn't mean this team is playing well or consistently. Yet. Oh, and we gave up two more PP goals. (I know it only shows as one on score sheet but the first one was on a delayed penalty and so was really a PP goal too) Really ugly and playoff poison. And Vasy, not playing well enough and def not playoff ready. Yet.

So, while I enjoyed the win, give them full credit for a nice comeback,think McD is coming into form, think Miller is a beast, love to see Palat back and know they have a ton of talent, I am definitely not convinced.

Reactions: RDTBay4

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Any time we beat those leaves fans...it's a great night. They are melting over there and...

giphy.gif

Reactions: DaBolts

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I am late, per the usual lately but...

What a crap first half. What an amazing second half. Wtf!

Cirelli was the best player tonight. Played an unreal game. Killorn was clutch (now that's the Killorn I like to see lately), Erne was good, McDonagh stood out all game. Him and Girardi were very good. Miller is such a terrific player. We needed a big body up front to win the puck back and he does just that. Guy has been as good as McDonagh being on this team. I'd take him any day of the week over Vlad, and that's no mark on Vlad - Miller is just a really good player to have on this team.

Suck it Leafs! Alfie has to be going crazy right now.

Edit: can't forget the penalty kill at the end almost made me fall out of my seat. Can't believe the amount of times they shut them down at our blue line and the fact that they were on the same page. BEAUTIFUL!

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015

I bet if I went to the Toronto board I'd find a ton of posts saying essentially the same thing about us, trying really hard to downplay this win. Weird.

This was a prototypical Lightning win three years ago. Just like this. Coast early, go down by two or three, then turn it on in the third and steal the win. Night after night. We made it to the SCF that year.

If you can't enjoy a win like this then you're wasting your time. Go throw rocks at trash cans or something.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Had a Leafs fan sitting close by. Was a pretty nice guy, but was gloating a whole bunch after the 1st. Didn't say anything to him then (other than joining my fellow Bolts fans in Bolts cheers to drown out the Go Leafs Go chants :rolleyes:). But when Marner took off with a burst of speed heading for our net, he couldn't resist bragging about how fast the kid was and what great wheels he had. While he was bragging, Strålman was calmly keeping up with him and pushing him wide of the net, taking away any chance at a shot. So I just said - rather smugly, I'll admit - "Well, he couldn't get past Strålman." The guy sighed and said, "Yeah, and we gave him (meaning Strålman) away for nothing." :laugh:

So I nobly refrained from rubbing it in when Stråls kept up with Nylander's fancy moves on a later attack. :D

I hope Cooper keeps these d-pairs together. Hedman and Strålman are incredibly solid. McDonagh is improving each game and he works well with Girardi. Even the Sergachev and Coburn pair looked not horrid at times. Sergy in particular had a very nice game with some good defensive plays. Paired with Coburn, I think he's forced to make better decisions because he doesn't have Strålman there to rescue him. The kid now has almost an entire NHL season under his belt. Time to take off the training wheels. :cool:

Reactions: Bolt 45 and RDTBay4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->