GDT: 3/19 Game 71: Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets 7:07 PM ET | NESN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
I've been a longtime lurker of this site, today I finally signed up!

I was on my way to play a show one night years ago, and Ted Donato was right in front of me in line at the local store I had stopped at. If memory serves, Ted had scored a sick goal in either overtime or very late in the game to win it for the B's the night before. I said something to the effect of, "Hi Ted, I hate to bother you but I have to tell you that goal was amazing last night and thanks for all you've done for the Bruins and us fans." He was very friendly and gracious; he seemed genuinely moved that I had told him what a great goal it was, etc. Anyway, he introduced me to the young boy he had in his arms: "This is my son Ryan." I shook his little hand and said hello. I suddenly feel very old today! Go Bruins!!
Love the history...and welcome to the jungle

Reactions: BMC

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
On my way to the Gahden to meet LF, interested to see Donato, I remember well seeing his Dad play. #17 will be good luck for him and probably the right person to wear it after Lucic. B’s showed they can beat a good team even undermanned. Hope no one gets injured (or a match penalty:mad:). Let’s go boys:yo:

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I've been a longtime lurker of this site, today I finally signed up!

I was on my way to play a show one night years ago, and Ted Donato was right in front of me in line at the local store I had stopped at. If memory serves, Ted had scored a sick goal in either overtime or very late in the game to win it for the B's the night before. I said something to the effect of, "Hi Ted, I hate to bother you but I have to tell you that goal was amazing last night and thanks for all you've done for the Bruins and us fans." He was very friendly and gracious; he seemed genuinely moved that I had told him what a great goal it was, etc. Anyway, he introduced me to the young boy he had in his arms: "This is my son Ryan." I shook his little hand and said hello. I suddenly feel very old today! Go Bruins!!
Welcome to the board.

EvilElf63

Mar 27, 2012
Catskills
I know I'm a youngin' but perhaps no jersey (77 being the obvious exception) reminds my of my childhood more than this Pooh-Bear:
8223.jpg

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
So we are playing without Bergeron,Nash,Backes, McAvoy and Chara. Unbelievable. If we find a way to win this one Cassidy deserves so major props.

Reactions: northeastern

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
my god..no Nash too

real excited to just see Blidh...I know he probably isnt part of the team's future plans but I love this guy and the game he brings.

Feels like this is gonna be a rough game missing so many guys.

LOVE seeing Donato too WOOO

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Injuries are starting to get a little ridiculous. All on the top players too.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005

If you told me back in September that this was the lineup we were going to ice on March 19 I would have been really excited about the #1 overall pick coming our way

and if I told you they had 98 points with 12 games left?

I'm pleased about Donato wearing 17. I'm glad he didn't get 21. I think enough time has passed since Lucic wore it and I know he'll wear it proudly.

Go Bruins

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
and if I told you they had 98 points with 12 games left?

I'm pleased about Donato wearing 17. I'm glad he didn't get 21. I think enough time has passed since Lucic wore it and I know he'll wear it proudly.

Go Bruins

I would have called you crazy. Can we give the 7th player award to the whole team? I'm an optimist and a massive homer and they've defied even my highest expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad