GDT: 3/19 Game 71: Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets 7:07 PM ET | NESN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
I've been a longtime lurker of this site, today I finally signed up!

I was on my way to play a show one night years ago, and Ted Donato was right in front of me in line at the local store I had stopped at. If memory serves, Ted had scored a sick goal in either overtime or very late in the game to win it for the B's the night before. I said something to the effect of, "Hi Ted, I hate to bother you but I have to tell you that goal was amazing last night and thanks for all you've done for the Bruins and us fans." He was very friendly and gracious; he seemed genuinely moved that I had told him what a great goal it was, etc. Anyway, he introduced me to the young boy he had in his arms: "This is my son Ryan." I shook his little hand and said hello. I suddenly feel very old today! Go Bruins!!

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Random observation: This team appears to have a shit-ton of Americans on it's roster. Is there someone I can see roster breakdown by nationality across the NHL?

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA

I was on my way to play a show one night years ago, and Ted Donato was right in front of me in line at the local store I had stopped at. If memory serves, Ted had scored a sick goal in either overtime or very late in the game to win it for the B's the night before. I said something to the effect of, "Hi Ted, I hate to bother you but I have to tell you that goal was amazing last night and thanks for all you've done for the Bruins and us fans." He was very friendly and gracious; he seemed genuinely moved that I had told him what a great goal it was, etc. Anyway, he introduced me to the young boy he had in his arms: "This is my son Ryan." I shook his little hand and said hello. I suddenly feel very old today! Go Bruins!!

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing.

And welcome!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Welcome aboard, hope ya brought loads of Tylenol with ya:)

Great story, gonna be a tough one tonight, Jackets finally playing some consistent hockey lately. I`m loving the fact Butch put him with a vet like Gionta who`ll be a good guy to have in his ear to settle him down a bit and help him calm the nerves. Wonder if he`ll give the kid a sniff of PP time? Seems like the kind of thing Butch won`t hesitate to do if the kid is looking like he`s not overwhelmed

Reactions: Mistah Ungah

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
for Donato 1st game in pro could go very good for him being so pumped to play for the bruins or can go the other way,but for what type of player we saw I think it will be ok,hope they try a few combos with him tonite GO BRUINS

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario

Welcome and enjoy. This place is great......most of the time lol

Mistah Ungah

Mar 19, 2018
Amorica
Thanks for the welcomes. Plenty o' Tylenol! It's so awesome watching this Bruins team, and I hope Ryan Donato has a great debut. What Cassidy has done with these guys, injury-riddled as they are, is nothing short of amazing. It won't be easy facing Columbus and their 7-game winning streak tonight, but these guys have fought through everything including the proverbial kitchen sink being thrown at them, and have prevailed more often than not. LOVE this team!!!

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Thanks for the welcomes. Plenty o' Tylenol! It's so awesome watching this Bruins team, and I hope Ryan Donato has a great debut. What Cassidy has done with these guys, injury-riddled as they are, is nothing short of amazing. It won't be easy facing Columbus and their 7-game winning streak tonight, but these guys have fought through everything including the proverbial kitchen sink being thrown at them, and have prevailed more often than not. LOVE this team!!!

Well they have to lose eventually, right? I think it's tonight ;) hahah

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

"Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day..." :D

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Derrrr.....how silly of me. Sorry - it's been a long day! I thought it strange that a B's fan would say something like that - should've followed my usually-impeccable intuition and figured it out. Let me re-phrase my original post: YESSSSS!!!!!

Haha, no worries. It happens. Not sure if you're used to internet forums, but if you look at the post I quoted, I bolded that specific line and made my comment. That usually means the person is focusing on that specific line.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
All time history wearing 17 for the Bruins

Dave Creighton 1951-1954
Bobby Bauer 1952
Don McKenney 1955-1963
Dean Prentice 1963-1966
Jack Norris 1965
Wayne Connelly 1967
Fred Stanfield 1968-1973
Bobby Schmautz 1974-1976
Derek Sanderson 1974
Stan Jonathan 1976-1983
Dave Barr 1983
Nevin Markwart 1984-1992
Dave Reid 1992-1996
Davis Payne 1997
Shawn Bates 1998-2001
Rob Zamuner 2002-2004
Shawn McEachern 2006
Petr Tenkrat 2007
Milan Lucic 2008-2015
Ryan Donato 2018-
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Wish some of the kids would get rid of those high numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->