GDT: 3/19 Game 71: Bruins vs. Columbus Blue Jackets 7:07 PM ET | NESN, SN, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Donato with a hatty? What , expectations too high? C`mon:)

I`m excited to watch the kid but in all honesty, keeping all expectations in check....for at least one game but THEN, I`m hammering him on the interwebz whenever a mistake occurs. B`s take this 3-2 with Holden potting the winner....book it

BruinsFan1990

Mar 29, 2016
Winthrop, MA
Didn't realize the Jackets have won 7 in a row, but hey if we can beat the Lightning with all of our injuries, we can beat the Jackets.

GO BRUINS! GO DONATO!

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Is Donato going to play Center or LW?

If he's a future center I'd put him between Marchand and Pastrnak out of the gate.

He'd also look good playing LW on a line with Krejci and Rick Nash.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Is Donato going to play Center or LW?

If he's a future center I'd put him between Marchand and Pastrnak out of the gate.

He'd also look good playing LW on a line with Krejci and Rick Nash.

I'd expect him to start at LW. While he's played center in college, he played wing in the Olympics and I don't think the Bruins are going to throw him 100% into the fire tonight. MAYBE center is an option down the road, but for tonight, I feel we see him 3rd line LW with Gionta and Wingels. Maybe he's with Krejci and Nash, but Heinen has been playing well there. We'll see what happens.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'd expect him to start at LW. While he's played center in college, he played wing in the Olympics and I don't think the Bruins are going to throw him 100% into the fire tonight. MAYBE center is an option down the road, but for tonight, I feel we see him 3rd line LW with Gionta and Wingels. Maybe he's with Krejci and Nash, but Heinen has been playing well there. We'll see what happens.

Agree.

I’m thinking you are right and the Top 6 will remain the same (Riley in between 63/88) and Wingels will center Donato/Gionta on the 3rd line.

Any word on what number he’s been given?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
It would make sense, but 21 is available also. He probably has a lot of relatives with those jerseys and it would save them some cash this time around...

Doesn't Szwarz wear #21 this year? I feel like he can't wear a number that was previously worn by a different player the same season. Seeing he's still in the organization.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Doesn't Szwarz wear #21 this year? I feel like he can't wear a number that was previously worn by a different player the same season. Seeing he's still in the organization.

It was a joke...

But, seriously, I’m not sure how that works. There is nobody listed as 21 currently on the B’s roster, so I assume it is technically available (unlike say Bjork’s 10, which is still his even though he’s out for the year).

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Seems as though this team went from always needing at least two forwards, to having three legitimate scoring lines with nobody having to play up a line, in a matter of a couple weeks.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I am pretty surprised Donato is playing. Really surprised actually. Would he be playing had not Backes gotten hurt ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->