GDT: 3/19/14 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Toronto

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Been listening to a lot of sports radio today (I work online, so I have lots of time for this kind of thing), and I've yet to hear a Toronto media person blame Killorn for the hit or think he deserves a suspension. So at least there's no controversy, and Killorn's reputation hasn't taken a hit in this.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Even Reimer said after the game that Killorn isn't to blame and that it's an unfortunate play (check TSN.ca for the video).

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I agree I watched the hit like 50 times.

Was unfortunate mostly cause of time of play left but honestly have to admit when wrong?

That hit is on ranger. Just super stupid. You see 10 of those a game and nothing bad happens. Was bang bang he just for whatever reason turned into it.

Very said hope hes ok.

I do think they need to do something about these types of hits but do not have a solution at all. Is two sides and want to protect people stop concussions or worse but also cant take out hits and if a guy does as ranger did you cant really penalize the other player fairly.

Is a huge dilemma and is pretty much going to be controversial forever it seems.

Was a clean hit stupid by killorn with the time he should have let up. Even stupider by Ranger. Is just no winner here or I have no idea how to fix ever myself.

Suggestions sure but see both sides of the equation and argument and agree on both sides lol.

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
Sounds like Ranger is fine and is ready to play. Good

Don't like how he treated the Lightning, think he did us dirty, but I hate to see a guy get injured.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Sounds like Ranger is fine and is ready to play. Good

Don't like how he treated the Lightning, think he did us dirty, but I hate to see a guy get injured.

I dont get it the fans whom feel that way. Ok if he had not QUIT hockey but he did QUIT hockey.

Not just tampa bay he legit quit people. Mental? Family? Doesnt matter is no reason to feel bad is a shame and happy for him that he has made it back.

He obviously is not the same player ive watched now a bunch. He is not the guy we liked so much when was here. He just isnt.

Stevie has said that he would have traded him to toronto if that is what had wanted.

The guy had to leave the game whatever his reasons. That to me is good enough. Is not what marty did. I do not feel ill will to him. Feel sorry for him honestly. He lost his best years. He hasnt gotten his game back to what it was.

Not everyone is created equally. Not everyone can face everything another can face or has the will or drive to get through everything.

This man was lacking something mentally in my opinion. Something that he had to deal with. To me its a shame that plain and simple. Pressure and life were too much im glad he is not like some actors who turn to drugs and wind up dead in a penthouse myself.

Do we deserve some sort of explanation? Probably but that is his choice. I would have said it flat out if had issues cause think that is part of the recovery and full health process. I do not blame him though he if he is like some football players whom cant handle talking to media etc.

Is just sad to me that those people have those issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad