GDT: 3-13: Pens @ Buffalo Springfield, Springfield: A Musical Tribute to Poco and US Waste Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Well, shit, I just lost the entire GDT thread because of a pop-up.

So, TBD in the next few hours and f*** this bushleage pop-up horseshit.

The Pittsburgh Penguins board and the Niagara Falls Water Board Co. proudly present Buffalo Springfield, Springfield, a Simpsons themed tribute to the musical genius of that one dude from Poco, Ritchie Furay, and some other guys! And remember, Niagara Falls Water Board is the choice when you want your shit to become someone else's problem. Make someone else deal with your slime on their time, is our motto and our passion is for funneling waste away from you and into Canada!

Tonight's performance features two very special guests! The Pittsburgh Penguins and some other team! So, without further ado, let's go crazy Broadway-style!

[Curtain rises, spotlight stage center, Bart and Milhouse enter from stage left]

Are you too excited with every day life? Are you feeling overwhelmed by the sensations of the modern age? Let Poco soothe you into oblivion.

Who would you rather listen to? Some long haired hippy freak weirdo who has interesting ideas? (fig. 1)

[figure 1]

tumblr_maasao97gh1r7o2wwo1_500.png

Or this totally cool not going to inform on you man, man? (fig. 2)

[figure 2]
furay78.gif

Now, let me give you the 4-1-1.

WHAT: Pittsburgh Penguins vs Buffalo Sabres
WHERE: Keybank Arena, Buffalo New York
WHEN: Saturday, 3-13-2021, 7:00 pm EST
HOW: TV: SNE, SNO, SNP, MSG-B, ATTSN-PT / Radio: 105.9 The X , Penguins Radio Network

STARTING LINEUPS, AT LEAST AS GOOD AS A GUESS AS WE GET IN THIS CRAZY DAY AND AGE.

PITTSNURGH PEBNREUGS:

IMG_8355-scaled-e1579665144866.jpg

Guentzel-Jake.png
Crosby-Sidney_1.png
Rust-Bryan_4.png
(never shall they be parted)
Rodrigues-Evan_PIT-2021_.png
Malkin-Evgeny.png
Kapanen-Kasperi_PIT-2021_.png
(any port in a storm)
Aston-Reese-Zach.png
Blueger-Teddy_PIT_.png
Tanev-Brandon_PIT_.png
(better than Ezra.)
Sceviour-Colton_PIT-2021_.png
Jankowski-Mark_PIT-2021_.png
Angello-Anthony_PIT-2020_.png
(fine. whatever.)

Dumoulin-Brian_2.png
Letang-Kris_1.png
(The "soothing sounds of Laurence Welk" pairing)
Matheson-Mike_PIT-2021_.png
Ceci-Cody_PIT-2021_.png
(The "see I told you so!" pairing)
Pettersson-Marcus_PIT_.png
flat,128x128,075,t-pad,128x128,f8f8f8.jpg
(Marino is out. Only god knows who is in.)

The part of Casey DeSmith will be played this evening by Jim Rutherford.

395997388ab9ec31c45afcf55ad38a5d.jpg

[MUSICAL INTERLUDE BY RITCHIE FURAY AND SOME OTHER GUYS]

AND NOW YOUR BUTTERFULO SPRINGFIELDS SABRESE:

s-l400.jpg

Hall-Taylor_BUF-2021_.png
Cozens-Dylan_BUF-24_.png
Reinhart-Sam_BUF-2021_.png
(the dudes who are not Eichel line)
Olofsson-Victor_BUF-2021_.png
Staal-Eric_BUF-2021_.png
Sheahan-Riley_BUF-2021_.png
(vintage racism line)
Skinner-Jeff_BUF-2021_.png
Lazar-Curtis_BUF-2021_.png
Mittelstadt-Casey_BUF-2021_.png
(FFXVIII locations line)
Rieder-Tobias_BUF-2021_.png
Eakin-Cody_BUF-2021_.png
Okposo-Kyle_BUF-2021_.png
(HF Trade Board All Stars line)

Irwin-Matt_BUF-2021_.png
Ristolainen-Rasmus_BUF-2020.png
(A sting ray killed his brother, now he's out for vengeance. In Finland)
BUF2021.png
Montour-Brandon_BUF-2021_.png
(Road construction, montour in 1.5 miles)
Dahlin-Rasmus_BUF-2021_.png
Jokiharju-Henri_BUF-2021_.png
(The not acceptable in tournament play Scrabble pairing)

I'm not going to pretend I care who's in net for Buffalo, so here's Dominik Hašek before he beat up another pudgy dad in a roller hockey game:

cut-2.jpg

[Musical Reprise]

200.gif

giphy.gif

[Curtain]

*Fin*

9Uczpec7Yy5StY3mdhiw4BRjF88=.gif

Last edited:

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
G
@HandshakeLine and whoever is is doing GDTs. I make a rough draft of mine in Notepad because of past issues with losing my work.

I use to do this, but my style won't save such stuff. I keep them much more condensed and post them as quickly as I can. Not that I haven't had this happen before. Depends on the content. Once my graphics are loaded up and linked material to them will be lost in the copy paste mode. It's all due to the change over on the boards themselves. They won't stay in typed form. Yeah, maybe I could do it in notepad and transfer it over, but the minute you preview it to see what needs fixed or moved, back to scratch.

But we get where you are going @HandshakeLine ....:thumbu:
Great work.:clap:
200.gif

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I use to do this, but my style won't save such stuff. I keep them much more condensed and post them as quickly as I can. Not that I haven't had this happen before. Depends on the content. Once my graphics are loaded up and linked material to them will be lost in the copy paste mode. It's all due to the change over on the boards themselves. They won't stay in typed form. Yeah, maybe I could do it in notepad and transfer it over, but the minute you preview it to see what needs fixed or moved, back to scratch.

You can keep it in text format by switching back to "BB Code Editor".

Said button should be in the top right of the post box.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Well, shit, I just lost the entire GDT thread because of a pop-up.

So, TBD in the next few hours and f*** this bushleage pop-up horseshit.

The Pittsburgh Penguins board and the Niagara Falls Water Board Co. proudly present Buffalo Springfield, Springfield, a Simpsons themed tribute to the musical genius of that one dude from Poco, Ritchie Furay, and some other guys! And remember, Niagara Falls Water Board is the choice when you want your shit to become someone else's problem. Make someone else deal with your slime on their time, is our motto and our passion is for funneling waste away from you and into Canada!

Tonight's performance features two very special guests! The Pittsburgh Penguins and some other team! So, without further ado, let's go crazy Broadway-style!

[Curtain rises, spotlight stage center, Bart and Milhouse enter from stage left]

9Uczpec7Yy5StY3mdhiw4BRjF88=.gif

An attempt was made.

I applaud the effort mate.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Carter Hutton starting for Buffalo...I’ll just put this here from the Tribune article today:

“Hutton has strong career numbers against the Penguins. In eight games, he has a 5-1-0 record along with a 1.95 goals against average, a .940 save percentage and two shutouts.”

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I think I’m gonna order a Geno hat trick for tonight... Y’all want something from the Buffalo Sabres shop?

tenor.gif
I'll take a #53 with a goal and an assist, a side of #13 with a small assist I'll take two #42 goals just in case I get hungry again.

Oh and if you also want to pick up my recycling, you can take my bags of trash, labelled #'s 14, 28, 18, 9, and 19.

Reactions: Kristopher Letang

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I can't help but think this game is gonna be kind of a circus due to the last game. Hopefully not.

that’s my big worry...they’re going to go after our guys given the ZAR and Ruh hits and injure someone...no harm to them since their season is basically over so it doesn’t matter to them if anyone gets suspended...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad