GDT: 3/13/22 - 10:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Vancouver

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Guys, my liver was sacrificed for the cause. Worth it.

So my final bill, in the booth was $330. And I barely got anything. 12 beers, pizza, bottle of champagne, vodka sodas for the wife. Happy I pre drank at those prices.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Guys, my liver was sacrificed for the cause. Worth it.

So my final bill, in the booth was $330. And I barely got anything. 12 beers, pizza, bottle of champagne, vodka sodas for the wife. Happy I pre drank at those prices.
Guess the value depends on the champagne? Also standard bottle size or one of those big f***ers?

If you're drinking Barefoot or Andre then major rip off. Veuve or Moet? Eh that's fair enough.

Edit: I f***ing love champagne. Life hack if you want good tasting sparkling wine but don't want to pay for something from the region is get Cremant de Bourgone. It's made in the Burgundy region instead of Champagne region of France (literally next door), it uses Champagne-style grapes/aging/techniques, and it costs a third of the price. My favorite wine is Louis Bouillot Blanc de Noirs. Their Sparkling Rose also slaps.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Guess the value depends on the champagne? Also standard bottle size or one of those big f***ers?

If you're drinking Barefoot or Andre then major rip off. Veuve or Moet? Eh that's fair enough.

Edit: I f***ing love champagne. Life hack if you want good tasting sparkling wine but don't want to pay for something from the region is get Cremant de Bourgone. It's made in the Burgundy region instead of Champagne region of France (literally next door), it uses Champagne-style grapes/aging/techniques, and it costs a third of the price. My favorite wine is Louis Bouillot Blanc de Noirs. Their Sparkling Rose also slaps.
It was some normal sized bottle and it was like $55. The 12 pack of Beer cost me $110. Pizza was $40. It was massively surprising that the champagne ended up being some of the cheapest stuff I got.

Reactions: U55

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009

Clairette de Die from the Rhône region is also amazing, a little bit fruitier though. My wife and I love it!

DangeRouss

Sep 6, 2014
Bordeaux, Fra
OMG
You all should be banned for this discussion :neener:
Comparing cremant to champagne should be considered a crime in all 50 states of the United States :D

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
OMG
You all should be banned for this discussion :neener:
Comparing cremant to champagne should be considered a crime in all 50 states of the United States :D
I think a good cremant to an average champagne is a fine comparison. We're talking about drinking bubbles on a budget here. I'd put cremant many tiers above a Prosecco or Cava, for instance.

Dollar for dollar you get the most bang for your buck there. But good champagne is obviously superior - wasn't meaning to imply otherwise.

Also - I don't know how pricing works more locally, but the cost of a good cremant in the states is like... 20 bucks? Comparatively, a cheap Moet is like 50-60.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007

$23.99 is rooough when an entire bottle is just a palate cleanser. ill stick to andre with a pouch of crystal light orange drank.

also though i bought one of those stadium series hats for $50.00 in nashville because i hate money

life is a land of contrasts

The Macho King

Jun 22, 2011
$23.99 is rooough when an entire bottle is just a palate cleanser. ill stick to andre with a pouch of crystal light orange drank.

also though i bought one of those stadium series hats for $50.00 in nashville because i hate money

life is a land of contrasts
My wife doesn't like bubbles, so I basically drink the whole bottle. 24 bucks to get drunk (and the Total Wine close to my house has it for more 18-20 range) is worth it, especially because I love the taste so much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad