GDT: 3/12/23 - 7:00PM EDT - Winnipeg vs Tampa Bay

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Careless with the puck when it matters. Giving teams chances and when they get a decent chance, Vasy ain't there. That's two games this week I'm willing to say is on him. Granted, we were unlucky with goal support but come on man.

This has been the longest stretch of mediocrity for Tampa in probably 10 years. At least 2016-2017 was entertaining down the stretch. We look like we are trying to figure out a rubix cube when we're on the ice. Damn.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
vasy was good in the third he can build on that. goalies are random i’m not about to waste too much time worrying about him

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I keep hearing as well how much better the offense will be wout Cirelli. That was quite the barrage of goals by them in the third with these so called optimal lines, just amazing....

Reactions: LeafLoyalist

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
vasy was good in the third he can build on that. goalies are random i’m not about to waste too much time worrying about him
I mean sure, but in the meantime he either needs to be rested or if he plays, stop giving up TWO softies a night. One a night would be an improvement but this is not like him. I have confidence at least he will get it together by playoffs but this is putrid.

Jet Wars: Vlad Strikes Back

Reactions: Pierre Larouche

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Only saw the first two periods. We looked pretty good, overall. Kept their shots and chances really low. Vasy could have been better for sure.

Hopefully Cirelli's okay.

Powerplay17

Feb 13, 2018
Tampa
Just another wasted 60 minutes of bonehead lazy play mixed in with a large helping of soft goaltending. This team is barely recognizable right now. If I didn’t know any better I’d think it was a lottery team. Not a guy on this roster earning their check.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
This team was 32-15-1 and winners of 8 out of 10 entering the ASB. I mean, the slump was inevitable knowing how this team goes, but this 19 game stretch has been some of the worst hockey since probably 2012 or '13. 7-7-5 since the break, .500 points %. These slumps have often lasted as many as 20 games before flipping the switch, so hopefully they are near the end of this level of play.

Bozo Nicholson

5 Alarm Fire™
Jun 6, 2015
Just another wasted 60 minutes of bonehead lazy play mixed in with a large helping of soft goaltending. This team is barely recognizable right now. If I didn’t know any better I’d think it was a lottery team. Not a guy on this roster earning their check.
Kuch and Point are earning their keep.

1678672597135.png

1678672625977.png

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Another game we should've won pretty easily but their goalie playing on the second game of back to back made the saves our rested 9.5M man couldn't. That first goal was just brutal.

The Devils will make this team look like an AHL team this week. We have sucked for, what, a month now and there's no end in sight.

Reactions: ultra63

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
There's no harm in sitting Vasy for a few games, don't care if he doesn't like it. Mental break and stepping back for a few games is worth trying cause powering through hoping he'll find his form clearly isn't working.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
There's no harm in sitting Vasy for a few games, don't care if he doesn't like it. Mental break and stepping back for a few games is worth trying cause powering through hoping he'll find his form clearly isn't working.
That’s the truth. To be honest there are a number of guys that should be set for a game or two. The results could not be worse than what’s going on right now.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Agree. 21 and 86 play away better with Hagel out there.

It's not that they play any better or worse with Stamkos there, its diminishing returns playing Stamkos there when he doesn't add anything to the line. To maximize our strengths we need to have 2 lines going with Stamkos being a secondary threat.

Reactions: Hoek and Renopucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad