Speculation: 2nd round. Who you want?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Yegor?

That guy has tremendously bad skating and I don't think he gets consideration before the 4th round.
He's a bit raw but could be a sleeper. Svechnikov's brother played a role in him coming to Eagles. Said very smart player. With size and toughness. If can improve skating could be a diamond.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Jack McBain... sounds like the name of a 1980's action star.

I like it!

Can this guy play hockey?

latest

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Berggren, Gustafsson, Alexeyev, Beaudin, Hillis, McShane.

Some posters on here are sleeping on Beaudin. He's going to be a really good one. Just hoping that TT has his sights set on him.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Ty delleandrea
Jacob Olofsson
Shafigulin and a pmd Like beaudin Or durzi

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Berggren, Gustafsson, Alexeyev, Beaudin, Hillis, McShane.

Some posters on here are sleeping on Beaudin. He's going to be a really good one. Just hoping that TT has his sights set on him.

Mark Edwards says that Beaudin is one of the smartest players in the draft.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I hope we swing for the fences and avoid the safe picks. Go for the pure talent and BPA

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
If still on the board:
Sandin
Miller

Other guys that intrigue me:

McIsaac
Alexeeyev
Dellandrea
Tychonick
Samuelsson
McBain
Olivier-Groulx
Beaudin
Obrien
Foudy
Drury

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If you look at Brayden Point's stats in his draft year, those are the types of players we should be scouting and seeing if we think they're legit. He's undesized, so even in today's NHL some dumb scouts will consider him less valuable because of that. But the reality is he plays with Gallagher's heart and Byron's speed, and he's very skilled.

In his draft year he had 36 goals and 91 points. His team's 2nd leading scorer had 55 points. His team was 21 - 42.

He went in the 3rd round. We took Lernout ahead of him because everyone thought we had too many undersized fast skilled forwards in the system and needed size, including right handed dmen. sigh

Last edited:

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
If still on the board:
Sandin
Miller
Other guys that intrigue me:

McIsaac
Alexeeyev

Dellandrea
Tychonick
Samuelsson
McBain
Olivier-Groulx
Beaudin
Obrien
Foudy
Drury

Doubtful that we get any of these players unless we trade up for or get a 1st round pick when we trade Pacioretty or another player.

I'm huge on Miller, but he's projected all over the place. Sometimes I think we could get him without moving up and, other times, I don't. Sanding is another good choice.

Who I think that we should pick and probably will get the chance to do so with either our 35th or 38th pick is Calen Addison. He'll be an NHLer and at least a top-4 D, I believe. He'll slip to the 2nd round, I think, because he's a safer pick that can be projected to have a lower ceiling than other comparables like Ty Smith in terms of talent (not which side he plays on). However, he still has room to grow and, because he isn't as much of a risk-taker as Smith, has a strong foundation from which to build on.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Sandin
Dellendrea
McIsaac
Shafigulin

Hm: Addison, bjergen, Olofsson

Last edited:

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
If you look at Brayden Point's stats in his draft year, those are the types of players we should be scouting and seeing if we think they're legit. He's undesized, so even in today's NHL some dumb scouts will consider him less valuable because of that. But the reality is he plays with Gallagher's heart and Byron's speed, and he's very skilled.

In his draft year he had 36 goals and 91 points. His team's 2nd leading scorer had 55 points. His team was 21 - 42.

He went in the 3rd round. We took Lernout ahead of him because everyone thought we had too many undersized fast skilled forwards in the system and needed size, including right handed dmen. sigh

Point was 5'9" 160lbs and while he was a good skater, he wasn't quite the elite skater he is right now, he really improved there too.

But yeah definitely, go for these players. One of our posters actually picked him in the first in the 2014 mock.

Berggren could be one of those guys. So could Wise. McLaughlin, O'brien and Fonstad are some other guys with a high skillset.

Malmo

Apr 6, 2008
Bergren would be really nice but I'm pretty sure he will be gone in the early 20s. I wouldn't mind Jake Wise and a falling dman.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Point was 5'9" 160lbs and while he was a good skater, he wasn't quite the elite skater he is right now, he really improved there too.

But yeah definitely, go for these players. One of our posters actually picked him in the first in the 2014 mock.

Berggren could be one of those guys. So could Wise. McLaughlin, O'brien and Fonstad are some other guys with a high skillset.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Timmins does with our 10 picks in the first 5 rounds, given that I doubt he'll be told to go for size, because he was told to go for size.

I think Tinordi, McCarron, and Crisp were picked for size. He showed in the past (Subban, Y. Weber, Grabovski, Gallagher, Locke, Hudon, Andrighetto, Lehkonen, Reway, Collberg, V. Mete) that he'll take a chance on small players. I hope he only goes for talent, regardless of size, given how the game is played in 2018.

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Lets do like Pittsburgh, grab the best goal scorer, then they hit the nhl and can score because the league have change and smaller talented guys have a place if they skate a little.

Guentzal Sheary Rust

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
If we could get Sandin+Dellandrea with the early seconds+ two of Hillis,O'Brien,Shafigulin or Der-Arguchintsev with the late ones, i would be very very happy!!

Reactions: Runner77

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
Some one who might drop and is a great hit or a great miss is Ryan Merkley. Would we take a chance on him in the second?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017

apparently Tampa has an amazing skating coach, an olympic figure skater I believe, forget what her name is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad