Pre-Game Talk: 2nd round: Which team do you want?

Who would you want as your next oppponent?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I still think the Leafs are an easier opponent for us, as long as our D shows up.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I go back and forth. Boston will be the same team we've already seen. They'll force us to play solid disciplined hockey, and be at our best, and the series would probably go the distance. But Toronto will be a different team if they advance from being down 3-1. They have the speed and skill to hurt us, but we won't be able to count on them caving if we apply a little pressure. I think it'll be a tough series either way.

Stammer tends to play well against Toronto, so that's a plus; however, as dirty as Marchand can be, Kadri is dirty and reckless. It wasn't that long ago that he barely missed knee-on-kneeing Kuch, so I'd prefer sidestepping a series full of his antics if possible.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bolts-Leafs is possibly the most entertaining playoff match up you could create from these 31 NHL teams.

Reactions: Marner

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Leafs easily. Boston always gives us a hard time. They're not the physical juggernaut from a couple years ago but they always find ways to beat us. Bergeron alone could kill us and their defense scares me more than Toronto's (by a lot). Meanwhile Toronto is just like us but worse in every aspect (as in: a couple years away from it, no disrespect). I don't think regular season performance is a good argument to predict playoff performance but from what I've seen in TB/TOR and TB/BOS games so far as well as in the TOR/BOS series, I'd take Toronto any day over Boston, even when the Bs are looking shakey right now.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
“It doesn’t matter who we play!”

it-doesn-t-matter-o.gif

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Leafs easily. Boston always gives us a hard time. They're not the physical juggernaut from a couple years ago but they always find ways to beat us. Bergeron alone could kill us and their defense scares me more than Toronto's (by a lot). Meanwhile Toronto is just like us but worse in every aspect (as in: a couple years away from it, no disrespect). I don't think regular season performance is a good argument to predict playoff performance but from what I've seen in TB/TOR and TB/BOS games so far as well as in the TOR/BOS series, I'd take Toronto any day over Boston, even when the Bs are looking shakey right now.

Despite my previous post I agree with this.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Toronto. It's not that I don't think we can beat Boston it's just that I don't think we'll make it out in one piece. The Bruins are too reckless and we are too injury prone. Plus TD Garden is like freaking cursed or something.

By game 5 Cirelli would be our 2C Killorn our top winger and Hedman will be babysitting again

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Toronto. Boston scares me. Toronto's defense is nowhere near as good as ours, specially with how its been in the playoffs.

I feel like we can dominate the physical side like we did with a smaller Jersey team as well, plus we match Toronto's speed game.

We've always had problems with the Bruins

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Toronto

1. Our offensive depth can beat their defense. While they looked better than I expected while defending in their own zone, they can't clear the puck out for love nor money.
2. Our defensive depth can hopefully contain their fast footed forwards though it will be a challenge. Matthews is bad enough, but Marner has been a beast for TOR and Nylander is waking up. I would expect to see a lot of McDonagh/Strålman vs the speed demons with Hedman in beast mode rampaging throughout the rest of the forwards. Don't think he'll be pointless much longer.
3. The game should be much more fun to watch with a greater amount of just good fast, skilled hockey rather than a penalty filled goonfest.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I guess Toronto but the idea of them getting confidence from a series win is a bit scary, particularly long term. If they fail again they might start to develop into perennial chokers, lol.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
TBH, I think Tampa moves on either way, but Toronto is the easier road. TB will absolutely feast on TOR.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I like us in either series if we play our best. I do however think Toronto could be tough if they win game 7. Thats some real momentum there against a division rival that not many people were giving you a chance. Boston has really dropped the ball on this, but I think they win game 7.

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Toronto, no question about it. The Bruins’ make-up gives us fits. I think we prevail in either series. But we will have an easier time with Toronto - epic Leafs outrage incoming. Plus, it is always great destroying a Canadian team’s SC dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad