Speculation: 2nd Round Trade Speculation

USMC607

Apr 4, 2013
Ya they already said Skinner isnt getting moved any time soon.

The canes wanted a first which is fair and the teams that looked into him had their chance but opted to hold onto their pick.

He will be dealt in season or at the deadline.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
This is just a case of posters and the media doing everything to make the draft more interesting. It's become a real snore fest for everyone but hardcore fanatics.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Pacioretty for 2nd + prospect. I guess the prospect is a potential top 6 center or top 4D. If not, you don't get those type of proven players

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
For those Homer fans who overvalue their players, tommorrow the proof will be in the pudding. I am throwing it out to the field to guess which players go for picks tommorrow that homers had over valued in the first round.

My picks:

Pacioretty-2nd and prospect
Skinner-2nd and prospect.
Faulk-2-2nds

Oh really? I bet It's Draisaitl for a 2nd round pick and prospect. Am I doing this right?

Last edited:
Reactions: DaveG

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
For the love of god, stop saying Reaves was traded for a 1st.
So was Sundquvist traded for a second and a 1st along with Reaves just happened to be thrown in... or did PIT really want to trade down and use Sundquvist as a sweetener along with Reaves being a sweetener too?

Pretty sure JR needed someone who could fight on the team to protect their players. That was Reaves - 1st with sundquvist and the 2nd being thrown in... they were the sweeteners.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
For those Homer fans who overvalue their players, tommorrow the proof will be in the pudding. I am throwing it out to the field to guess which players go for picks tommorrow that homers had over valued in the first round.

My picks:

Pacioretty-2nd and prospect
Skinner-2nd and prospect.
Faulk-2-2nds
HORRIBLE U ARE FAKE NEWS.

Reactions: DaveG

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Obviously the first 2nd to be moved should be MTL's. They have the most holes to fill and many 2nds to use.

We'll see soon...

paragon

May 5, 2010
Patches contract has a 4.5M cap hit. That alone makes him worth at least a 1st in my book. And I hate Montreal.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
So you're telling me a first wasn't involved in attaining Ryan Reaves?

He wasn't "traded for a first". He was traded for a move up 20 spots to the first round. There's a HUGE difference.

You (and many others) are either intentionally trying to conflate the trade and misrepresent the value of a player like Reaves (and/or a 1st), or you're not fully aware of the details and you're propagating misinformation.

I'm not contesting your point. I'm contesting one element of your evidence. If you take Reaves out of your list, you're fine.

Tweed

Jun 25, 2006
So was Sundquvist traded for a second and a 1st along with Reaves just happened to be thrown in... or did PIT really want to trade down and use Sundquvist as a sweetener along with Reaves being a sweetener too?

I can't tell if you're asking me a serious question or pondering aloud, because the way you phrased it sounds like you're suggesting Pittsburgh was trying to DUMP a 1st round pick. Very convoluted.

Pretty sure JR needed someone who could fight on the team to protect their players. That was Reaves - 1st with sundquvist and the 2nd being thrown in... they were the sweeteners.

Yes, JR wanted some muscle. Reaves was his guy. Sundqvist didn't fit the team style, there were no spots for him, he was chewing up cap, and he wasn't developing at the rate he needed to (or showing the promise of) in order to be a player of significance to the team in the future... and therefore... was a tradable asset. STL must have had some interest in Sundqvist, but Sundqvist < Reaves, and the two GMs agreed that the difference was about 20 spots in the draft. A minor difference between the two players, but enough of a difference that they agreed there was a difference. I don't believe either of the players were "sweeteners", if anything, the 20 spot jump was the sweetener.

All of which is a far cry from "A player being traded for A 1st round pick".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->