2nd round picks or later who will make the NHL

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
Hey,

I am in a keeper League and we are about to do our entry draft. what players picked in the second round or later will make the NHL. I'm looking for goalies, defenseman who get penalty minutes and forwards that will get points or penalty minutes.

Any of the last few years.

Last edited:

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I’m assuming you mean the 2018 draft, but if not, or if he is somehow otherwise available...

You need to acquire Nicolas Hague. The kid will be a top-4 d-man in no time and is pretty much as tough and mean as they come these days. If his OHL career is anything to measure him by - and it’s all we have - he will give you veritable mountains of PIM while throwing down impressive goal and point totals. He had 18 goals, 46 points, and 107 PIM in 65 games in his draft year, and 35 (!!!!!) goals, 78 points, and 105 PIM in only 67 games this past season. He’s huge, skilled, intelligent, and a good skater; there’s almost zero chance he doesn’t get into a large number of NHL games.

Reactions: Artorius Horus T

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
I’m assuming you mean the 2018 draft, but if not, or if he is somehow otherwise available...

You need to acquire Nicolas Hague. The kid will be a top-4 d-man in no time and is pretty much as tough and mean as they come these days. If his OHL career is anything to measure him by - and it’s all we have - he will give you veritable mountains of PIM while throwing down impressive goal and point totals. He had 18 goals, 46 points, and 107 PIM in 65 games in his draft year, and 35 (!!!!!) goals, 78 points, and 105 PIM in only 67 games this past season. He’s huge, skilled, intelligent, and a good skater; there’s almost zero chance he doesn’t get into a large number of NHL games.
In 2018/19 season?

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Not sure if you mean guys that will make the NHL this year, but if not Carl Grundstrom is one to keep an eye on, there's some notion that he could push Zach Hyman out of the top 6 I'm Toronto when he comes up but that's not until next season probably. If it happens as predicted, he'll have really good linemates and plays a game that will get PIMs

Reactions: Kale Clague

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Bode Wilde has a chance to put up nice numbers if he hits close to his ceiling. was 41st OA in 2018

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Kale Clague

Aug 7, 2018
2018 draft - both Pts and Pim, but maybe not as much points as other options you might get in the 2nd or later. I would target the point heavy players first (Berggren, Ylonen, etc) those PIM guys always drop...
Fwd : Serron Noel**, Benoit-Olivier Groulx** (both have a fair amount of offense to their game, especially Noel)
Def : Mattias Samuelsson** (could be one of the best point / PIM d prospects out there now - could be a 30-35 pt, 100+ PIM option if all things pan out) Jett Woo.
Goal : Olivier Rodrigue, Jakub Skarek, Lukas Dostal, Veini Veinalainen are my favourites from the 2018 draft. Few more could pan out though. Lots of high upside goalies that could out-do their draft position...Moe, Ingham, Emond, Hrenak, Brattstrom, Shamkov, etc etc

If I got time later I’ll try to do the 2017 and 2016 drafts as well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad