2ND ROUND, #51 OVERALL - AKIL THOMAS

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Watched Akil play for the last 2 years I live 15miles from the rink this young man is developing into a 100 pt a year guy this year. This young man fell into your lap and your organization is the winner here. Not only is he talented but is a modest and dedicated player who well continue to nothing but get better. I have met him many times through a relative he is the real deal and he will prove it on the ice. Niagara has a very strong club and are early favorites in the Eastern Division. Hope to see him in a Kings uniform in a few years.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Watched Akil play for the last 2 years I live 15miles from the rink this young man is developing into a 100 pt a year guy this year. This young man fell into your lap and your organization is the winner here. Not only is he talented but is a modest and dedicated player who well continue to nothing but get better. I have met him many times through a relative he is the real deal and he will prove it on the ice. Niagara has a very strong club and are early favorites in the Eastern Division. Hope to see him in a Kings uniform in a few years.

I noticed that, they look to be returning their Top 5 scorers while most of the teams that finished ahead of them are likely losing something, Kingston (Vilardi, Pu, Helvig, Robertson?), Barrie (Svechnikov, Luchuk) though Hamilton figures to be very good again.

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I noticed that, they look to be returning their Top 5 scorers while most of the teams that finished ahead of them are likely losing something, Kingston (Vilardi, Pu, Helvig, Robertson?), Barrie (Svechnikov, Luchuk) though Hamilton figures to be very good again.
Hamilton have no picks they used them up last year. They will have to trade to get picks back. I do think they will be sellers but I could be wrong?

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
can skate and is shifty...wicked moves at 1:00 nice steal and amazing pass - patience, vision and slowed it down last second before dishing it. at 1:20. amazing, elite stuff...when he slowed it down and gave the goalie a good look and then flipped it across, the goalie was frozen. smart kid. Amazing moves at 2:29

that loop around the o zone at 0:11 is just comical, what a strong stride

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Hamilton have no picks they used them up last year. They will have to trade to get picks back. I do think they will be sellers but I could be wrong?

I'm just basing it off who is likely to return to Juniors, you may very well be right and they sell off their best pieces to recoup assets.

Last edited:

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Seems like a great pick.

I am worried that LA didn't draft a d-man in a draft where there were so many, however I like that the took best player available.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Seems like a great pick.

I am worried that LA didn't draft a d-man in a draft where there were so many, however I like that the took best player available.

I'm not worried...that's why Blake signed Brickley and Strand. I also think Mikey Anderson and Hults (pretty much) had
better than expected seasons last year and have a shot to be NHL players. They will continue to do so - finding college / euro / CHL free agents and that's a good thing.

FrozenRoyalty

Feb 5, 2008
frozenroyalty.net
Frozen Royalty caught up with Los Angeles Kings 2018 second round pick Akil Thomas during the team's 2018 Development Camp for their young prospects.
Thomas talked about some of the strengths and weaknesses in his game. He also discussed some of the things that Kings Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yanetti said about him in a story published on Frozen Royalty on June 26, 2018.
Read all about one of the newest members of the Kings system in...

LA Kings 2018 2nd Round PIck Akil Thomas Says He Is “As Good As Pretty Much Anyone in the [2018] Draft” When He’s At His Best

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I know a few guys who have played with Akil Thomas the last 2-3 years and they all say the same thing. Super talented, but scared to get hit and hates contact. They all say if he gets over that he's a player.

So, you're saying he's a glam-rocker? Bogus!!!!

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I know a few guys who have played with Akil Thomas the last 2-3 years and they all say the same thing. Super talented, but scared to get hit and hates contact. They all say if he gets over that he's a player.

He is definitely not going to throwdown the mitts but scared is not the right word. As he matures and gains man muscle his confidence to be more physical should come naturally. He didn't miss a game last year and it is more important that your best player stays healthy. If he hates contact why play such a rugged sport. Let's give him a chance to make the necessary adjustments and see where his games at in a couple years? I've heard the same from other players as well. Knowing the young man I can't see this as a problem in the future.

Reactions: Peachkings1922

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I dunno watching the highlights from his goals, and I understand they are just highlights, Thomas seems to be okay going to the net to score goals.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I dunno watching the highlights from his goals, and I understand they are just highlights, Thomas seems to be okay going to the net to score goals.

I’m just going by what people who have played with him said, I’d say they probably know his game well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad