2nd pairing, RHD

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I have no idea about the cap specifics right now, but I'd say that rolling into the season with "too much" young D isn't necessarily a big problem -- you can bank some cap space and add a vet at the trade deadline. Maybe not ideal, but totally viable.

Reactions: txpd

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I have no idea about the cap specifics right now, but I'd say that rolling into the season with "too much" young D isn't necessarily a big problem -- you can bank some cap space and add a vet at the trade deadline. Maybe not ideal, but totally viable.
There should be enough dmen available at deadline before ED. If there is a season, again.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
There should be enough dmen available at deadline before ED. If there is a season, again.

A shutdown right d that can quickly learn Reirden's complicated system? I dont think its that easy to get a shutdown right defenseman at the trade deadline. What you get is Dillon which is a round peg for a square hole. It can work but its really risky. So long as the Caps have a budget partner for Carlson too, its more than that

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
They can use left handed shutdown D or Orlov himself in that spot. Many teams are doing that. The D supply just drives the prices down.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
They can use left handed shutdown D or Orlov himself in that spot. Many teams are doing that. The D supply just drives the prices down.

They can. They may use Dillon that way. They have tried Orlov that way. Neither of them are as good on the right as on the left. Reirden doesnt like doing tht either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->