2nd best player in the league!

Who is the 2nd best player in the league?

• Total voters

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Draisaitl is easily the 2nd best player in the game. It's not really that close. He is basically a 120 point player with the unfortunate job of playing second fiddle to a 150 point one !

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Agree to disagree.
Tavares is the 2nd best player in the league?!?

Im use to leaf fans insisting their player who isn’t top 2 in the league, is 2nd best in the league- but at least their consistent in their pick haha

I don’t think Matthews has a good case for #2, but at least there IS a case. Tavares is so far down the rankings it’s not even debatable

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Why isn't Mikko Rantanen on this list? He's a better player then a lot of those guys listed! I really think he's a top 5 guy in the league now, he's definitely gone past Crosby, Kane and Ovi, I wouldn't trade him straight up for Kucherov, Panarin, Marchand Hedman or Pasta those teams would have to add imo.

While Draisaitl may actually be 2nd best player in the league, I wouldn't trade Draisaitl straight up for anyone whether they're on that list or not, other than McJeebuzz of course

oh what's with the absence of Mitch Marner? I know there's a lot of anti Leaf sentiment, but come on get real! Like Rantanen there's very few players I'd move Marner for straight up

Last edited:
Reactions: Lemonlimey

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Why isn't Mikko Rantanen on this list? He's a better player then a lot of those guys listed! I really think he's a top 5 guy in the league now, he's definitely gone past Crosby, Kane and Ovi, I wouldn't trade him straight up for Kucherov, Panarin, Marchand Hedman or Pasta those teams would have to add imo.

While Draisaitl may actually be 2nd best player in the league, I wouldn't trade Draisaitl straight up for anyone whether they're on that list or not, other than McJeebuzz of course

oh what's with the absence of Mitch Marner? I know there's a lot of anti Leaf sentiment, but come on get real! Like Rantanen there's very few players I'd move Marner for straight up
Rantanen is great... but top 5??? Bit much. Same with Marner. Both are top 20 guys now but not 5-10

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013
Draisaitl is easily the 2nd best player in the game. It's not really that close. He is basically a 120 point player with the unfortunate job of playing second fiddle to a 150 point one !
False. None have hit 117 points or more in a season. Only 120 point players in the league are crosby, thornton, kucherov

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Nathaniel Skywalker

Oct 18, 2013

In what way is he past crosby who has 4 less points and plays a far better two way game lol

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
That’s your argument? Weak

So Kunitz > Crosby > McDavid?
Your argument was "You're funny guy". Kunitz wasn't main reason of any cup, Sid has 2 conn smythe's. And McDavid? Scored 100 points in meme division, on regular season. That's his best achievement lmao. Maybe play defense as well so your team could win, Connor.

4EDM14OIL93

Jan 12, 2011
Your argument was "You're funny guy". Kunitz wasn't main reason of any cup, Sid has 2 conn smythe's. And McDavid? Scored 100 points in meme division, on regular season. That's his best achievement lmao. Maybe play defense as well so your team could win, Connor.
I don’t need to make an argument for why McDavid is the best player on earth. However, you do if you want to claim Crosby is. And make it better than the team awards that happened over 4 years ago argument that you are apparently using.

Yes that is his best achievement lol... It’s also arguably the most impressive individual achievement of the 21st century so I’m not quite sure what you are laughing at?

You realize that the North was the second lowest scoring division? What are your thoughts on that?

And his team is winning

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Yes that is his best achievement lol... It’s also arguably the most impressive individual achievement of the 21st century so I’m not quite sure what you are laughing at?

You realize that the North was the second lowest scoring division? What are your thoughts on that?

And his team is winning

Best North division team was 12th in regular season last year when all teams faced each other. That division is a joke and his season stats are irrevelant because he didn't play against any good team.

Also, his stats are meaningless as long as he plays for himself not for the team. That's why Oilers lose all the time and Pens have had most success of any teams since Crosby came to the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad