2in Cloth Hockey Tape

leftwinger37

Jun 7, 2011
"Great Lakes State"
If you are looking to buy in bulk I would suggest Hockeytron. They make good quality tape that is already reasonably priced and they always have a 20-30% off coupon that you can use. Their 1.5" x 15 yard rolls are the same price as their 1" x 30 yard rolls. I stocked up back in January and got 40 rolls for $1.69/roll with a 20% off coupon.

mikitas donut

Flowers of Antimony
Sep 10, 2010
Northern Illinois
Most hockey shops should have it. Places like Dick'sSporting Goods and other general sporting goods stores likely won't.

I prefer the 1.5 over the 1. Not sure if it actually makes a difference though in performance.

mikitas donut

Flowers of Antimony
Sep 10, 2010
Northern Illinois
I think it depends on how you like to tape. I find the narrower stuff is easier to manage with bigger/open curves than the wide stuff, which can kind of go tilted.

Yeah, when I tape with the 1.5, the backhand side has the ridges on a slant, while the forehand is straight. Not sure how much of an effect that has on performance. Not much I imagine. I also tape toe to heel now and cover the toe as well.

jordanking87

Apr 6, 2013
Indianapolis,IN
If you are looking to buy in bulk I would suggest Hockeytron. They make good quality tape that is already reasonably priced and they always have a 20-30% off coupon that you can use. Their 1.5" x 15 yard rolls are the same price as their 1" x 30 yard rolls. I stocked up back in January and got 40 rolls for $1.69/roll with a 20% off coupon.

Thanks, neither shops in my area stock it. I'm not looking for an increase in performance I just think it'll be quicker to tape with and end up more consistent from tape to tape.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Yeah, when I tape with the 1.5, the backhand side has the ridges on a slant, while the forehand is straight. Not sure how much of an effect that has on performance. Not much I imagine. I also tape toe to heel now and cover the toe as well.

I don't think that matters.

What bugs me is when you are taping say a P92 and when you get to the middle of the blade and it opens up, the tape starts going sideways, and you have to pull it back sort of straight and hope for the best. There's been times the tape wants to veer completely perpendicular to the rest of the tape. But I'm picky about my tape jobs and like them nice and clean. Wide white with a small overlap looks pretty nice when done well. Like Kovalchuk or Ovechkin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad