Value of: 2C to Col.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Zibanajed is a guy I’ve always liked. Jost would probably be the ask there. RNH for Barrie is a trade that seemingly gets talked about every year but maybe the drafting of Bouchard changes that.

Zibanejad is obviously better but the Rangers gain 5 years with Jost who IMO would fit the rebuild better. Zibanejad isn’t old by any means but I think the Rangers might be bad for awhile and a guy like Jost might make more sense. Quinn being a NCAA guy might know more about him as well.

No interest in Zib/Jost swap. At all.

Hayes on the other hand is something I might be interested in. Not too thrilled with how Jost has been developing so far. Still very young though.

Reactions: DominicBoltsFan

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
No interest in Zib/Jost swap. At all.

Hayes on the other hand is something I might be interested in. Not too thrilled with how Jost has been developing so far. Still very young though.
For me Hayes wouldn’t even be an option. I think the Avs have enough of those types of guys. If they can’t get a Zibanejad/RNH kind of a guy I’d rather just wait and see if we can develop our own 2C or wait to see what the Ottawa 1st becomes.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Not quite sure any 2C is available right now. Things may change but I doubt a possible trade scenario will come up for the Avs before the 2019 draft. Maybe someone like Staal will be made available if Minny is out of the playoff by the TDL, other than that, I don't see it.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
For me Hayes wouldn’t even be an option. I think the Avs have enough of those types of guys. If they can’t get a Zibanejad/RNH kind of a guy I’d rather just wait and see if we can develop our own 2C or wait to see what the Ottawa 1st becomes.

Agreed on that. If Hayes is the best they can get they'd be better off trying to get Soderberg better wingers. He's just as capable as Hayes. The Avs need a real, play-driving #2 centre -- not a 40-50 guy.

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
Agreed on that. If Hayes is the best they can get they'd be better off trying to get Soderberg better wingers. He's just as capable as Hayes. The Avs need a real, play-driving #2 centre -- not a 40-50 guy.

No. He isn't. Soderberg is crap. Hayes scored 25 goals last year in a checking role. He always starts the season slow. Hayes is infinitely better than Soderberg.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Hayes, Claesson and Namestnikov for Wilson, Jost, Greer and a second

So a pending UFA ~45 point centre (not the #2 centre the Avs need), a completely unnecessary and unneeded low tier NHL D, and a completely useless player...tempting, but no thanks.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
No. He isn't. Soderberg is crap. Hayes scored 25 goals last year in a checking role. He always starts the season slow. Hayes is infinitely better than Soderberg.

Soderberg is absolutely fantastic for the Avs. Played amongst the toughest minutes of any player in the league last year with a pretty poor selection of wingers. His top linemates this year have been Gabriel Bourque and Matt Nieto, while being the Avs' go to shut down guy. I wouldn't expect you to be aware of any of this since you don't watch the Avs, but he's absolutely at Hayes' level. You guys can keep Hayes.

Reactions: Riptide

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Depending on what's being offered up and whether Brassard and the Pens get their shit together, I could potentially see him getting offered up later on in the season (likely not till Jan/Feb). No clue what the ask would be. Probably not pure futures as Pittsburgh would still be looking to win now.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

Zibby is 25 and signed for 3 more season's after this. Right handed shot with size who's steady at faceoffs. If the Rangers shop him they'll get better prospect than Jost.

Don't sleep on Hayes. He does drive the play. Great size and reach. Solid playmaker with good vision. Wish he'd shoot more though.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
As much as a 2C could help right now, im not giving up on the Avs current supporting cast nor believe we need to trade away future assets. The first line has been so dominant in the last 4-5 games, that all the other lines are playing defensively. When the first line was only okay at the start of the year, the supporting cast looked great! Sakic is a patient man.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Whatever you think of Hayes vs Soderberg, I think most Avs fans agree he’s not the guy to go after. Maybe management thinks differently but I don’t think you’ll find many Avs fans that are interested in Hayes so there’s not a lot of point discussing his value since Avs fans will probably undervalue him due to their needs which will just create an argument. For me a guy like Tyler Johnson would be the minimum type of talent I’d go after, if there’s no one like that available I would just wait until there is, no need rushing to fill the 2C hole as the Avs aren’t serious cup contenders even if they do.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
Zibby is 25 and signed for 3 more season's after this. Right handed shot with size who's steady at faceoffs. If the Rangers shop him they'll get better prospect than Jost.

Don't sleep on Hayes. He does drive the play. Great size and reach. Solid playmaker with good vision. Wish he'd shoot more though.
You could be right, I’m not sure who though. Jost had a really good college career and was great during the World Juniors as well. If he had stayed in college last year like he probably should have I think he’d be considered an A level prospect. As it stands now though he has struggled a bit, but top 10 picks that performed really well at the World Juniors tend to hold their value for awhile even if they face some early struggles.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Hayes, Claesson and Namestnikov for Wilson, Jost, Greer and a second
C'mon man...

111.gif

Soderberg isn't crap. He was actually used in a similar checking role that Hayes was which hurt his offensive production. I do agree Hayes is without a doubt the better current player though.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Whatever you think of Hayes vs Soderberg, I think most Avs fans agree he’s not the guy to go after. Maybe management thinks differently but I don’t think you’ll find many Avs fans that are interested in Hayes so there’s not a lot of point discussing his value since Avs fans will probably undervalue him due to their needs which will just create an argument. For me a guy like Tyler Johnson would be the minimum type of talent I’d go after, if there’s no one like that available I would just wait until there is, no need rushing to fill the 2C hole as the Avs aren’t serious cup contenders even if they do.
What would you give us for Johnson

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You could be right, I’m not sure who though. Jost had a really good college career and was great during the World Juniors as well. If he had stayed in college last year like he probably should have I think he’d be considered an A level prospect. As it stands now though he has struggled a bit, but top 10 picks that performed really well at the World Juniors tend to hold their value for awhile even if they face some early struggles.
I'm in total agreement that they hold their value. Kid is 20 years old. He's one of the youngest players in the league who's a definite NHL player. He wouldn't be the center piece for Zibby though.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017
I'm in total agreement that they hold their value. Kid is 20 years old. He's one of the youngest players in the league who's a definite NHL player. He wouldn't be the center piece for Zibby though.
Who do you think Zibanejad could fetch then? To me the next tier up of prospect would be a guy like Mittelstadt, I don’t think Zib could fetch a prospect like that but maybe I’m wrong

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

Thats fair. Zibs is at a level that i would happy jost turn into when he is 25. Dont see why the rags would do that. Hayes on the other hand, i wont be happy if Jost is just a 40-50 point guy, and hes a UFA.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Who do you think Zibanejad could fetch then? To me the next tier up of prospect would be a guy like Mittelstadt, I don’t think Zib could fetch a prospect like that but maybe I’m wrong

Mittelstadt is only a year older than Jost.. why does he hold that much more value?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad