Prospect Info: #29 Overall - Trent Frederic

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
You have any insight on whether Frederic will go pro after this year? Also, what's your take on Hughes?
I’d say it’s likely he turns pro. I’d love for him to stay but with the NCAA free agency loophole I think the Bruins will press hard to get him signed.

Hughes... He’s a pretty solid passer. Below average shot. Decent speed. He’s struggled in the faceoff dot this year. If I had to guess on a potential NHL career I would say below average third liner at best.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
That goal by Frederic based off that video looked like it was scored on a goalie that takes up less space than I’ve ever seen

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Good call on that goalie (snicker).

In that clip, Frederic reminds me a bit of Wheeler with his size/skating combo.

That’s a good comp. with his shot on display in the wjc and his ability to protect the puck i saw a Jason Allison type. He might not have the passing ability but he’s certainly a stronger skater. Same type of build anyways.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
That’s a good comp. with his shot on display in the wjc and his ability to protect the puck i saw a Jason Allison type. He might not have the passing ability but he’s certainly a stronger skater. Same type of build anyways.

Yeah, I think he moves A LOT better than Allison. Really excited that Fredric is effective on the PK at Wisconsin. Bodes well for him if he has to break into the NHL in the Bottom 3.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Yeah, I think he moves A LOT better than Allison. Really excited that Fredric is effective on the PK at Wisconsin. Bodes well for him if he has to break into the NHL in the Bottom 3.

Definitely be a huge win if he becomes the factor at the nhl level Allison was

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

assuming t-freddy goes pro in the spring, i'd say he has a decent shot to take schaller's job next fall.
timmy would be a great #13 though.

RoccoF14

Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
assuming t-freddy goes pro in the spring, i'd say he has a decent shot to take schaller's job next fall.
timmy would be a great #13 though.
Watched Frederick a lot this year and all the tools are there but his work rate needs to be much more consistent from shift to shift. He’s got the tools to come out at the end of the year, but he’s gonna need a little time in Providence.

Cam Hughes is a longshot to be a consistent NHL player. I see him spending most if not all of his career in Providence.

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Let Fredric Marinate on the Farm for 2 years and with us or another team this kid has a solid 10 year plus NHL career.

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
You provided a lot of enjoyment to me those earlier years - always loved seeing you post

Hope all is well and we get that next Cup soon

I expect you and lou and Lonnie to protect my sim team till I am out of hospital I got a lot of abuse destroying what was a truly shitty team and ate the losses. Life wise i
I took the same but I am truly rebuilding both. It is my team and I dpo not want it vulture d. Lety Lou run it till I am out of hospital and no trades as my teams long term depth is strong.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I expect you and lou and Lonnie to protect my sim team till I am out of hospital I got a lot of abuse destroying what was a truly ****ty team and ate the losses. Life wise i
I took the same but I am truly rebuilding both. It is my team and I dpo not want it vulture d. Lety Lou run it till I am out of hospital and no trades as my teams long term depth is strong.

You are looking good dude. We miss you!!

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Let Fredric Marinate on the Farm for 2 years and with us or another team this kid has a solid 10 year plus NHL career.

I would be surprised if he takes 2 years on the farm. But I do think it is important they try to develop him as a middle 6 center. He could push for a job as a bottom 6 winger very quickly if they wanted to go that way

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

FYI - Cale Morris is the goalie from earlier discussion.

Looking forward to this weekend! Will get to see Frederic for the third and fourth times this season (North Dakota x2, Minnesota x2).

Reactions: maxbme and 00BW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->