Post-Game Talk: #29| New York Islanders @ Florida Panthers | December 12th | 7:00 PM | F/W 3-1

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Maybe, but you have to admit, it's a pretty good trick.

Yep. I wouldn't have a problem with acquiring him. But I don;t see the Panthers trading him, they need him for a playoff run if it is going to happen. I suspect he re-signs with them anyhow.

Uncle Duke

Heads up, fellas!
May 14, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Man that fan base is so miserable. Just move the team already.
Agree. A lot being written down here about the lack of a real rivalry between FL and TB and the reasons for it; never faced each other in playoffs, good at different times, etc. Frankly I think it's all BS. It comes down to no fans and no energy in the building when at BBT. How can there be a rivalry if on one side of it nobody gives a damn.

That, and FL pro sports are weird as it is. Fan bases, such as they are, are all from somewhere else.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
Read the FL GDT and I'm not sure they were watching the same game we were. We possessed the puck in their zone for what...75% of the game? Had all sorts of chances, clamped down defensively, and had Bob not played the way he did we win that one by a much larger margin. But here are some quotes that made me chuckle...

The Panthers aren't going to win the Cup, but neither are these tomato cans.
Devils made me hate the sport for a while, and these guys are going to get me there soon enough if they keep this crap up.

It was just a boring **** game against a boring **** team that plays boring **** hockey and Greiss has our number. Tip your cap and move on with your life knowing that Barry Trotz is going to die having done more to kill sport in your lifetime than anyone else in the world.
They'll bounce back and win a couple.

God, islanders hockey could lull a underground rave to sleep.
Whatever if goal tending stays solid I’m not overly worried.

Anders Lee probably has one of the most punchable faces of the NHL...

I think there's a little bit of overreaction to what was another game against the boring, grab-ass Islanders with Greiss playing out of his gourd against the Panthers.

This is the kind of game where after watching it, you wish they'd contract one of the teams involved. Personally, I think they should contract the Islanders for playing Barry Trotz boring ass dog**** hockeym, but at this point I'd settle for them contractinf the Panthers if it means I never had to watch this kind of crap again.

Islanders are the new Devils.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Yep. I wouldn't have a problem with acquiring him. But I don;t see the Panthers trading him, they need him for a playoff run if it is going to happen. I suspect he re-signs with them anyhow.

He is exactly the type of player who will be available if the Panthers are out of it. Right now they have more losses than wins and are 4 points out of the final playoff spot, so no guarantee at all they will still be in it come the deadline.

One would think they would rebound because of all the talent up front but the defense is seriously lacking. Fifth worse in allowing goals, one of the worse in allowing shots and Bobrovsky having his worse season of his career.

Hoffman is an expiring contract, so if the season is lost then they can still re-sign him after the season and get something for him now. He SHOULDN'T command as much as a controllable asset would in trade, and we could offer up DEF depth which they sorely need...........

Hoffman/Barzal/Eberle
Lee/Nelson/Brassard
Beau/OPEN/Bailey
Martin/Cizikas/Clutterbuck

Get your third line center and away we go.............

Reactions: SteveH124

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Read the FL GDT and I'm not sure they were watching the same game we were. We possessed the puck in their zone for what...75% of the game? Had all sorts of chances, clamped down defensively, and had Bob not played the way he did we win that one by a much larger margin. But here are some quotes that made me chuckle...

The Panthers aren't going to win the Cup, but neither are these tomato cans.
Devils made me hate the sport for a while, and these guys are going to get me there soon enough if they keep this crap up.

It was just a boring **** game against a boring **** team that plays boring **** hockey and Greiss has our number. Tip your cap and move on with your life knowing that Barry Trotz is going to die having done more to kill sport in your lifetime than anyone else in the world.
They'll bounce back and win a couple.

God, islanders hockey could lull a underground rave to sleep.
Whatever if goal tending stays solid I’m not overly worried.

Anders Lee probably has one of the most punchable faces of the NHL...

I think there's a little bit of overreaction to what was another game against the boring, grab-ass Islanders with Greiss playing out of his gourd against the Panthers.

This is the kind of game where after watching it, you wish they'd contract one of the teams involved. Personally, I think they should contract the Islanders for playing Barry Trotz boring ass dog**** hockeym, but at this point I'd settle for them contractinf the Panthers if it means I never had to watch this kind of crap again.

Islanders are the new Devils.
Meh, that’s just sour grapes. I poked my head in there, and pretty sure all those quotes are from one jackoff that keeps repeating himself.

Bones45

Dec 7, 2005
N/A
If you have some time -- go check out the FLA thread about the game. One guy there is absolutely convinced that the Isles are the most evil team on the planet. And then he starts making comments about NY.

Now - as we all know -- NY has several problems -- but not much can help Floridas main problem, red-neck stupid.

Good luck Panthers -- with your team and your life down there...

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
If you have some time -- go check out the FLA thread about the game. One guy there is absolutely convinced that the Isles are the most evil team on the planet. And then he starts making comments about NY.

Now - as we all know -- NY has several problems -- but not much can help Floridas main problem, red-neck stupid.

Every fanbase has losers like that. Kind of like you are for us... :sarcasm:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010

So why are you falling into the same milieu? Red neck stupid? Come on. No one down here elected DeBlasio, that disqualifies your comment right off the bat.

Reactions: 12Dog

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
The one thing that's funny is the boring hockey. It's not boring from my perspective as an Isles fan, we get high quality chances, physical hockey and aggressive forechecking. Other teams play around the perimeter and rarely see a odd man rush. It's boring for them, not us. Not my problem.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Meh, that’s just sour grapes. I poked my head in there, and pretty sure all those quotes are from one jackoff that keeps repeating himself.

Are underground raves still a thing?

Hockey in general is going back in time a bit because refs (all refs) are being far more selective about calling interference penalties against defenders on dump-ins. That's allowing defenders to keep tighter gaps. Of course, that has nothing to do with NYI.

Reactions: 12Dog

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
Its not, it’s an easy way to get a ban, I’ll be more then happy to add points on if a Florida mods asks us too.

The poster was only liking the posts of one individual, an individual who was making asinine comments about the game, our city and our team.

It was funny.

Reactions: Bones45

CBG

Jan 7, 2018
What I would give to have some offensive players on this team that said Trotz is the best coach on the planet and many Floridians are New York transplants so maybe the author or others just hate their neighbors ? IMO If our team does not acquire a finisher or 2 we will be one and done come playoff time / rinse repeat --> pull the trigger Lou

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Its not, it’s an easy way to get a ban, I’ll be more then happy to add points on if a Florida mods asks us too.

Liking posts can lead to points? That sounds quite heavy handed to me. I can understand if someone responded and posted a troll post that deserves it, but to simply like something or like a series of posts is punished? Then why is the like system even in place?

Not trying to give you crap Eck, but I find that ridiculous.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
He is exactly the type of player who will be available if the Panthers are out of it. Right now they have more losses than wins and are 4 points out of the final playoff spot, so no guarantee at all they will still be in it come the deadline.

One would think they would rebound because of all the talent up front but the defense is seriously lacking. Fifth worse in allowing goals, one of the worse in allowing shots and Bobrovsky having his worse season of his career.

Hoffman is an expiring contract, so if the season is lost then they can still re-sign him after the season and get something for him now. He SHOULDN'T command as much as a controllable asset would in trade, and we could offer up DEF depth which they sorely need...........

Hoffman/Barzal/Eberle
Lee/Nelson/Brassard
Beau/OPEN/Bailey
Martin/Cizikas/Clutterbuck

Get your third line center and away we go.............
This first line will never see the day. Never Trotz will put on the same line two of the worst defensive players of the league (Hoffman and Eberle). What's more, why removed Beauvillier from the Nelson / Brassard line? Especially that Lee showed a lot of chemistry with Bailey.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Liking posts can lead to points? That sounds quite heavy handed to me. I can understand if someone responded and posted a troll post that deserves it, but to simply like something or like a series of posts is punished? Then why is the like system even in place?

Not trying to give you crap Eck, but I find that ridiculous.

If you are doing it to troll, yes it's trolling and that will earn you points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad