GDT: #29|Coyotes vs. Pens - Kessel Run "Night Never Ending"|Fri, Dec. 6 (7:00PM)|PPG(AND STILL GOING....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Echoing the sentiment from last game; Riikola shouldn't sit again, Jarry's net now, Galchenyuk and Simon aren't top-9 options regardless of all those mythical "little things they do well".

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
The fact that he pretty much wins every one of his starts, and when Murray plays he usually lets up 3 or more goals? I'd say he's a strong candidate for team MVP.

I'm not guaranteeing he'd get it. I'm just saying he's a big player in the count.
I can hop onboard with that.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Do you keep rolling with Jarry? How can you not?

Jarry!!!! It is his net for now. Murray might play tomorrow because of the back to back but Jarry is the starter until he comes back to earth. Same thing happened last year when DeSmith started hot and took over the net. Jarry has more talent though and might not give up this net as easily.

No matter what I don't want to trade any goalies. Keep the depth.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Shout out to Rutherford for keeping Jarry when everyone was wanting to trade him for a mid round pick at the start of the season. Rutherford knows his goaltending and loves his depth. Keeping Jarry was as brilliant a GM move as keeping Fleury when everyone wanted to trade him during the 2017 season after he lost his net. If Rutherford did what the quote experts said we would not have that Cup.

Reactions: JimmyTwoTimes

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Man i love Blueger.

Sully HAS to keep the Tanev/Blueger duo together. Tanev can play anywhere but Blueger doesnt produce without him. Pretty simple. Them two on the 4th line and its one of the best in the league.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Do you keep rolling with Jarry? How can you not?

Only reason I wouldnt is so teams dont get used to him. He can play against Wings tho since they arent making playoffs this year. But id def play MM against Caps and Canes. Dont let them see Jarry til the playoffs

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
He has. People just think the hole he fits into is a better hole than he is, or whatever the metaphor means. A 30 goal season, 50+ twice and 44 in 61 once. It’s that he “has the potential” to be more but that’s not the player he is at this point. Even right now, with the struggling and being put on L4 he’s at .5ppg and could go on a hot streak to get closer to on pace for 50. It’s just that it wouldn’t be an amazing 50 points with him looking like a force and 60 would be a surprise. Dude is a 40+ point player and has been for years. He’s not even a terrible fit here stylistically, it’s that he’s whelming and didn’t get elevated.
Thanks for smacking me down instead of replying with a sexual innuendo. I feel sufficiently corrected

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Shout out to Rutherford for keeping Jarry when everyone was wanting to trade him for a mid round pick at the start of the season. Rutherford knows his goaltending and loves his depth. Keeping Jarry was as brilliant a GM move as keeping Fleury when everyone wanted to trade him during the 2017 season after he lost his net. If Rutherford did what the quote experts said we would not have that Cup.

JR had a 2015-16 summer with the additions. Lets hope it ends the same way.

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Jarry!!!! It is his net for now. Murray might play tomorrow because of the back to back but Jarry is the starter until he comes back to earth. Same thing happened last year when DeSmith started hot and took over the net. Jarry has more talent though and might not give up this net as easily.

No matter what I don't want to trade any goalies. Keep the depth.

I already want Jarry for playoffs, so I use MM at times to keep testing him. If he can't respond and get better, we know we shouldnt keep him . We trade him for a good return or if he wants to stay another year then fine .

Like Kessel...will always appreciate What MM did but its about winning now. I do think Murray will get back to that level as he ages, like Fleury did but we wont be able to keep 2 goalies anyway cuz of the expansion.

Jarry could win us a cup. He could have just saved the Crosby/Malkin era.
People keep mentioning sample size but MM had way less of one when he was at his best. And Jarry already played 36 games in 2018.

Now has a QS in every game but 1. And b2b shutouts. These last two games were playoff style hockey. And he showed up for us...kept it scoreless til we got on the board. MM hasnt done that consistently since game 6 of the finals. He def didnt do it in the last two playoffs.
.jarry should be the playoff starter. But Id still keep Murray for playoffs. Who knows if TJ hits a wall or not. Then MM can come in like he did in 17...winning the last 7 games(after MAF won 9). Then trade Murray at the draft.

Trade Schultz at deadline. Trade Bjugstad at deadline if he still doesnt look like a fit. They are two players we can still get solid returns for to make our Team complete for the playoffs. The returns dont even have to be players of equal value, just a better fit for the team/system we have this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad