• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Sather should kiss Lundqvist’s feet and beg for forgiveness. The Rangers failed to put a quality team in front of him. Go back to back to the pre-Lundqvist years under Sather. The Rangers took 2 goaltenders in the top 10. They took Jessiman in a loaded draft. The best first round ever. Go to 2010. The Rangers took McIlrath. They thought he was going to revolutionize the game of hockey.

The Rangers lucked into Lundqvist. He made a lot people a lot of money. If it wasn’t for Lundqvist, Sather’s time in NY would have been viewed as an abysmal failure. The Rangers owe Henrik a lot.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I remember that Luongo is either really good or really bad at shootouts. Does anyone know which one it is? Based on tonight, it seems he’s pretty bad, but it could be a fluke.
He is horrible on shootouts. When he is in Vancouver they actually pulled him at the end of ot and put their backup in one night hoping he would be able to win them a game. Lou wasn't hurt or anything, it was a startegic move bc of how much he struggles in shootouts.. .

Reactions: Buchnevich89

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Sather should kiss Lundqvist’s feet and beg for forgiveness. The Rangers failed to put a quality team in front of him. Go back to back to the pre-Lundqvist years under Sather. The Rangers took 2 goaltenders in the top 10. They took Jessiman in a loaded draft. The best first round ever. Go to 2010. The Rangers took McIlrath. They thought he was going to revolutionize the game of hockey.

The Rangers lucked into Lundqvist. He made a lot people a lot of money. If it wasn’t for Lundqvist, Sather’s time in NY would have been viewed as an abysmal failure. The Rangers owe Henrik a lot.

A lot of what you say is absolutely true but so what. Sather is no longer running the show and Lundqvist has been treated very well by this organization. They pay him 8 million a year. Would you like them to erect a bronze statue or retire his number while he is still playing?

Reactions: Krams

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.

Knowing Sather, it’s probably less kissing feet than

Thanks for your service sucker!

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Whats crazy is, how long he’s been doing this.

That’s what separates Lundqvist from pretty much everyone else.

You can make a damn good argument that he’s the best player in the history of this organization. That includes guys like Leetch, Messier, Giac, Ratelle, Boucher, Gilbert, and Bathgate.

Push comes to shove, I still have Leetch as the very best player in this teams history as far as production, longevity, and talent.. But HL is right there imo.

He's the Sidney Crosby of goaltenders.

If you think about it, Sid has only been the best player in the league in, I wanna say three(?) different seasons. But he's been top 5 for like 13 consecutive years and clearly the best player of a generation (between Jagr and McDavid) by far in aggregate.

Hank, too, has only been THE best goalie in a small handful of seasons, but he's been top 5 virtually every year and in aggregate, no other goaltender this generation can even wash is underpants, even more so than Crosby is to forwards.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I've seen Brian leetch. I've seen mark messier, jagr, Gretzky, etc

Henrik is, to me, the best player ever to wear this jersey that I have seen.
The fact that there’s a small but vocal subset of the fanbase that outright hates Lundqvist will never make sense to me. Like him or not he’s been the entire franchise on the ice his whole career and nothing but class off the ice. I just don’t get how you can dislike a guy who’s been as good as he has for as long as he has. I just don’t get it. Not saying everyone needs to be a super fan but to hate him? Lunacy IMO.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
He is horrible on shootouts. When he is in Vancouver they actually pulled him at the end of ot and put their backup in one night hoping he would be able to win them a game. Lou wasn't hurt or anything, it was a startegic move bc of how much he struggles in shootouts.. .
Haha yea I remember that. And thanks. I always remembered broadcasters talk about how bad he is at shootouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->