Prospect Info: Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Can't they just get him 2 negative tests? Why is this hard?

Who cares, better to wait it out than risk introducing the virus into that group. The time for two tests isn’t far off the Q period anyway and he will probably be retested too.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He'd still be out for a while because you have to have at least 24 hrs between each test, and it's unlikely he'd immediately test negative right after a positive test unless the first result was a false positive. They likely would want to use a normal test and not the quick ones so thwre is some turn around time on getting results back too.

Not really a big deal imo,

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
with recent research showing covids effect on the heart i wonder if they have to go through an ecg and other tests to see how the heart is functioning. or maybe they do that for every player anyway at these camps regardless of covid.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Wow never realized his father Mark Greig, had such cray numbers in the WHL and AHL. A shame he was not able to have a fruitful NHL career, only played 125 Games

In case someone didn't read this yet :

2020 Draft Profile: C Ridly Greig - The Draft Analyst

Yeah I remember his dad by name. The guy also tore up the AHL. I remember him on the Whalers but I don't remember exactly his style of play. So I'm not sure what held him back the NHL level. He was a feisty player though, I remember that much. I don't REMEMBER blazing speed (doesn't mean he didn't have it) but that could be what kept him from success in the show at only 5'11.

Just goes to show how hard it is to be a good NHL player.

EDIT: Interesting to see that Mark Greig was drafted as an overager, with how much that's been talked about after the draft.

Reactions: Xspyrit

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
Chances were slim for him to make the team to begin with, very cool he was invited to camp in the first place. Bodes quite well for him to make the 2021 team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad