GDT: #28 Your Blue Jackets @ Philadelphia Flyers & Gritty 12-6-2018

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I didn't know this but Lars mentioned the Caps blew a 4 goal lead on Sunday. They were up 5-1 and lose 6-5 to the Ducks.

I didn't think it was possible to make the Jackets feel better about their performance on Tuesday, congrats Washington.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
I didn't know this but Lars mentioned the Caps blew a 4 goal lead on Sunday. They were up 5-1 and lose 6-5 to the Ducks.

I didn't think it was possible to make the Jackets feel better about their performance on Tuesday, congrats Washington.
It took Caps 2 periods to blow that lead, our 5 goals against in 15 minutes is still the worst

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
So chances that Murr and Jones will start together again against Caps?

20182019-20431-shiftchart.png

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
What a weird team.

They haven't lost more than 2 in a row, so they haven't had a bad run, but they've only won 3 in a row once. So they haven't had a good run either.

I have no clue how it will end up, but they're in first place despite not playing great. That's pretty ok.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
"top pairing" Murray

"30 goal scorer" Jenner

and "2C" Dubinsky

LOOKIN GOOD

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Add 'em to the games in hand if you want...

Getting leads doesn't matter if you blow them. Think the Falcons are proud of leading the Patriots for 3.5 quarters?

Yes, its good they have the leads and fixing the "blowing lead" problem is easier and better than fixing a "we don't get leads" problem, but its still an issue with this team right now. Blowing it off as not, is foolish.

onetimerguy

Jul 17, 2018
Against a better team, the Jackets probably lose. The power play was beyond awful. Good thing the Flyers are so bad at hockey right now.
Yes the Powerless play is beyond bad. Perhaps they should just keep rolling the usual 5x5 lineup when they have it. Couldn't be worse.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
Yes the Powerless play is beyond bad. Perhaps they should just keep rolling the usual 5x5 lineup when they have it. Couldn't be worse.
It's frustrating watching the Jackets trying to get the puck set-up in the zone. With guys like Bread and Seth, it shouldn't be a problem, but it is. Once they do establish possession, the puck remains on players' sticks too long - need to move it around a little faster.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Big game tomorrow, nice to get the win last night. Would like to see us make some strides in making this a legitimate playoff threat. Not seeing that on the ice yet.

Reactions: Cowumbus

anteater90

Jun 26, 2006
Hilliard
Oof.

Two big missed calls by the refs against the Jackets in the last minute. Savard, IIRC should've gotten a penalty for picking up Bob's stick and Foligno should've definitely gotten a tripping in the last 15 seconds.

If I'm a Philly fan I'm pissed.
Savard not a penalty because he handed him the stick( did not throw or slide) and did not play a puck.

Reactions: thebus88

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Savard not a penalty because he handed him the stick( did not throw or slide) and did not play a puck.
Okay yeah I wasn't entirely sure of the rules but I knew there was a penalty of some sorts for having two sticks in your hand.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Getting leads doesn't matter if you blow them.

Fake news.

Somebody want to post the record(s) for the teams who scores 1st in games?

Also, I could be wrong, but, this "blowing a 2 goal lead" thing, doesn't mean they LOST the game. Just that they lost the lead at 1 point. Somebody can correct me on that if not. So again, YES, getting the lead, by 1 or 2 goals, does matter.

Why give the team zero credit for going/being UP multiple goals if you are going to hold them 110% responsible for "blowing" being up multiple goals?

Where's the number of games the team has WON or the team record after being up 2 goals? Or is that too positive?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Fake news.

Somebody want to post the record(s) for the teams who scores 1st in games?

Also, I could be wrong, but, this "blowing a 2 goal lead" thing, doesn't mean they LOST the game. Just that they lost the lead at 1 point. Somebody can correct me on that if not. So again, YES, getting the lead, by 1 or 2 goals, does matter.

Why give the team zero credit for going/being UP multiple goals if you are going to hold them 110% responsible for "blowing" being up multiple goals?

Where's the number of games the team has WON or the team record after being up 2 goals? Or is that too positive?

What a stupid debate this is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad