GDT: [#28] Edmonton Oilers @ Dallas Stars, 7:30 PM CST [FS-SW]

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Was at hockey myself so I missed this. :( It's never the same watching it after the fact.

I'm with you there. I can't watch a full game of any sport if it isn't live.

Too easy to just watch the highlights. If it's good, I might watch the last 3-5 minutes and OT, but that's about it.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I like how balanced the minutes are today forwards and defense. Lindell and Heiskanen didn't play over 25 and no forward more than the 18:40 that Seguin played and nobody less than the 11:28 of Hintz.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I like how balanced the minutes are today forwards and defense. Lindell and Heiskanen didn't play over 25 and no forward more than the 18:40 that Seguin played and nobody less than the 11:28 of Hintz.

Because everyone played a pretty solid game + no McDavid helps

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
I've gotta eat some crow on the Bowness hire. The PK has been amazing all year and I think a good chunk of that credit needs to go to him.

Not just that, but it sounds like Monty lets him run the D all game long, so Bowness is largely the one to thank for Lindell, a rookie, the guy who was supposed to be the #7 scratch, and 3 AHL'ers having the 3rd best league-wide GAA to go along with the 4th best PK%. And yes, the goalies have played well, but all you have to do is look at Gibson in Anaheim to see that Vezina level goaltending won't save a bad defensive team.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

LT

XXXX - XXX_ - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
Not just that, but it sounds like Monty lets him run the D all game long, so Bowness is largely the one to thank for Lindell, a rookie, the guy who was supposed to be the #7 scratch, and 3 AHL'ers having the 3rd best league-wide GAA to go along with the 4th best PK%. And yes, the goalies have played well, but all you have to do is look at Gibson in Anaheim to see that Vezina level goaltending won't save a bad defensive team.

Well, Anaheim is shooting up the standings, but the points still stand.

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
My man crush on Roman Polak is growing every game. Leaf fans said he would look terrible anywhere besides being a #7. Yet he’s playing as our #4 during this injury crisis and looking pretty good so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad