27th Anniversary of Rangers Cup Win June 14 1994

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
87A931C5-F5B6-4196-AB5E-33EC52B9B082.jpeg

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I know i posted it but I wanted opinions of other hockey fans.

My opinion, not one of us who views this thread will ever see them win another. Sad I know, I'm a little broken up over it. We're talking Cubs level futility and then some here. Don't worry, we'll all lead normal healthy lives and be blessed with longevity and happiness, just no true happiness if your a Rags fan. No Cups til 2138 unfortunately, jump ship for the Isles or wait until the Houston Apollos and/or Quebec Syrup Trees (would go with Maple Trees, but the Maple Leafs get up in arms about it) get teams, they'll also win before the NYR.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
My opinion, not one of us who views this thread will ever see them win another. Sad I know, I'm a little broken up over it. We're talking Cubs level futility and then some here. Don't worry, we'll all lead normal healthy lives and be blessed with longevity and happiness, just no true happiness if your a Rags fan. No Cups til 2138 unfortunately, jump ship for the Isles or wait until the Houston Apollos and/or Quebec Syrup Trees (would go with Maple Trees, but the Maple Leafs get up in arms about it) get teams, they'll also win before the NYR.
Ok then. Rangers are starting to put together a dangerous team, so while you're welcome to your opinion, I think it's an uninformed one.

cowboy82nd

Feb 19, 2012
Newnan, Georgia

I wonder what they're jerseys would look like?

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
Ok then. Rangers are starting to put together a dangerous team, so while you're welcome to your opinion, I think it's an uninformed one.

Listen my opinion is totally credible. I don't think your opinion about my opinion is very informed tbh. Take their best player, Evgeni Pandolfo, his prime will be up before guys like Lagrandpierre are contibuting. So they'll sell off Zboril and Chris Kilger for pennies on the dollar and rebuild. Then draft 16th overall and be bubble playoff team for a few decades and there you have it. Not even Sam Girard's uncle, the next hopeful coach will pull them from mediocrity. Book it I'm totally credible.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

Kalamazoo Wings

May 4, 2010
Knee Deep
I wonder what they're jerseys would look like?

I didn't want to leak everything but since you ask, Big old healthy Mape with a beer tap attached to the front. And a little further on the details, the leaves on the mape will be green, yellow, red, orange like normal maple leaf colour, contrary to the team in Ontario that swears maple leafs are blue. I'm done telling the future, you have to wait and see the rest unfold!

Reactions: cowboy82nd

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
They bought what should have been the Edmonton Oilers 6th cup.
ah.....that narrative.

While there is no doubt that they had a few important players that were former Oilers....the Smythe trophy winner that year had no Oiler ties...nor did the player who led the team in points that year....nor did the starting goaltender, et al.

Of course the captain was a legendary Oiler, but Anderson, MacTavish, and Tikk were excellent complimentary players...talented guys to supplement the talent that already had. And while Graves was an Oiler (and Red Wing), he didnt hit his stride till he became a Ranger.

Lots of Cup winner bring in players from winning organizations to supplement their cores. Kinda like the "Perfect Drug".....see what I did there?

Reactions: Unpredictable1

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Its mind blowing how much younger teams are now on average, these all look like 30 + year old vets.

When theres no cap and you can load up on as many veterans as you want...

Crazy that they have one single title since WW2. Not a Rangers fan but seeing Mess jump up & down was pretty awesome.

sebsisles

Apr 25, 2013
Long Island
Listen my opinion is totally credible. I don't think your opinion about my opinion is very informed tbh. Take their best player, Evgeni Pandolfo, his prime will be up before guys like Lagrandpierre are contibuting. So they'll sell off Zboril and Chris Kilger for pennies on the dollar and rebuild. Then draft 16th overall and be bubble playoff team for a few decades and there you have it. Not even Sam Girard's uncle, the next hopeful coach will pull them from mediocrity. Book it I'm totally credible.

This is fantastic, Evgeni Pandolfo probably ends up in the KHL. Got a really good laugh from this, thank you :laugh:

Reactions: Kalamazoo Wings

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I know some former NYC peeps who have stories for days about the Spring of 1994 because there was also the Knicks making a run. It sounds like a great time

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
God, I feel old. That was quite a run.

I will always feel bad for Mike Gartner, whom the Rangers traded that season. Because of it, he eventually ended his hall of fame career without a Stanley Cup.

Reactions: Unpredictable1

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
In 1994, it seemed like the whole world was cheering for the New York Rangers.

Everyone jumped on their bandwagon. They were mentioned on popular TV shows like Seinfeld, and multiple Rangers players appeared on David Letterman and Conan O'Brien.

They were bigger than an NHL team. They had real pop-culture appeal. They were a really big deal.

Messier, Leetch, Richter, etc. They were all household names.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
ah.....that narrative.

While there is no doubt that they had a few important players that were former Oilers....the Smythe trophy winner that year had no Oiler ties...nor did the player who led the team in points that year....nor did the starting goaltender, et al.

Of course the captain was a legendary Oiler, but Anderson, MacTavish, and Tikk were excellent complimentary players...talented guys to supplement the talent that already had. And while Graves was an Oiler (and Red Wing), he didnt hit his stride till he became a Ranger.

Lots of Cup winner bring in players from winning organizations to supplement their cores. Kinda like the "Perfect Drug".....see what I did there?
Whoa, let's hold on a second. Richter (2002) and Leetch (2003) were both later traded to Edmonton prior to free agency so the Oilers could get a compensatory pick when the Rangers re-signed them. I'm counting it as their 6th Cup.
iN1aEPI.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad