• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbop

Henrik & Pop
Sponsor
May 27, 2004
Now, Suburban Phoenix. Then, Long Island
Most of these reasons are why Ruff should be relieved.
Official tip; If you think Ruff is more responsible for the team’s defensive performance than Quinn, think again.

I’m starting to waver on whether Quinn is the long term coaching answer. He needs to grow.

He also needs to have better players. This team is not deep at all. They remind me of the 1992-94 Philadelphia Flyers.

Thank God for outstanding goaltending.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
On the Seth Jones goal, I understand Buchnevich gets beat off the wall but with Jones driving to the middle of the ice why does Howden skate right by him and start going to the blueline instead of cutting him off? What the hell was that read?

Reactions: Musto and romba

NickyLongLegz

Apr 30, 2019
While you can look at this performance negatively, it's good to know Georgiev can straight up steal games like Hank. Thats always a key piece to have.

Just as other have been saying, we play way too passively I can't even tell at this point who is to blame, but I still don't know why the coach can't even try, for a couple of games without shuffling after one goal against, the obvious line combinations:

Panarin-Mika-Kakko
Kreider-Chytil-Buch
Lemmy-Strome-Fast
Whoever-Howden-smith

It is safe to say at least our possession metrics would be better if we played our better players more and players like Strome actually got third line minutes, yeah? At least the PP units were fixed.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Official tip; If you think Ruff is more responsible for the team’s defensive performance than Quinn, think again.

I’m starting to waver on whether Quinn is the long term coaching answer. He needs to grow.

He also needs to have better players. This team is not deep at all. They remind me of the 1992-94 Philadelphia Flyers.

Thank God for outstanding goaltending.

Are you grabbing for straws with a Lindros to Kakko comparison?

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
its nice to grab the 2 points when we had no business doing so but, we played atrocious. we really were bad.

and this getting outshot by alot every game is a worrisome sign. thats on dave.

the post, crossbar and georgie in "god mode" covers up alot of bad.

this defense is just plain awful. lindy ruff needs to go. now.

quinn adding a marc staal back into this cesspool of a defense is troubling too.

lets not kid ourselves, this game should have been something like a 5-3 loss.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not that Skjei is a future Norris winner, but the Seth Jones goal was after a terrible icing call when the line was exhausted.

Refs also missing Skjei being body slammed to the ice was also another non-call. But yet call a trip with the last two mins of the game. I mean still letting 47 SOG was bad enough but the Refs did not help the situation. Special Teams came up big especially Trouba in the end.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
They were completely shellshocked. Sometimes a franchise doesn't recover from that. They were up 3-0 early off the bat in Game 1, all going to plan, and for an all-time team (regular season, anyway) to crash and burn so hard and so suddenly for seemingly no reason... I could see a coach shakeup in the near future.
They should have fired Cooper right after that. That was a truly pathetic performance. They were thoroughly embarrassed and had no answers. Kept coming out flat after the first game, kept laying back and just getting run over.

I think their window might be closed honestly. They have good players but so do a lot of teams who don't win much. Maybe a new coach would turn it all around but I'm not sure.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
They should have fired Cooper right after that. That was a truly pathetic performance. They were thoroughly embarrassed and had no answers. Kept coming out flat after the first game, kept laying back and just getting run over.

I think their window might be closed honestly. They have good players but so do a lot of teams who don't win much. Maybe a new coach would turn it all around but I'm not sure.

It’s not closed but certainly on the downward trend towards closing. The Atlantic is so weak they are still only 2 points out of a division spot with games in hand. Boston is running away with it.

Reactions: haveandare

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
The first two. I have a sense that the third was an utter trash bonfire.

tumblr_ljgm48RHza1qzu8geo1_400.png

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The third period was one of the most recent egregious examples of ice tilting by the officials to try to produce a result for the home crowd.

Because of that, and that they were down to five, I'm cutting the defense a bit of slack for this game.

BTW, I thought there was some dirty hit that caused the Hajek injury, but what do I know.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
The third period was one of the most recent egregious examples of ice tilting by the officials to try to produce a result for the home crowd.

Because of that, and that they were down to five, I'm cutting the defense a bit of slack for this game.

BTW, I thought there was some dirty hit that caused the Hajek injury, but what do I know.
It looked like his skate caught a rut. I hear it's a sprained knee.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Build two top lines and play them significant minutes and you should cut down on the time defending. We need our best two centers playing the most mins.

I agree and Strome will be better matched against other teams bottom lines’ centers. However, at the moment I don’t have a problem playing Zibanejad less minutes before he’s fully up to speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->