GDT: #27 – Capitals at Sabres – Fri Dec 9, 7:00PM ET – MSG-B

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Why not let Sam play the half wall on the second PP? He might thrive on his own there. Someone else can pretend to be Tomas holmstrom (Matt Moulson) .

This has been really frustrating. He's never had the opportunity to make plays on the PP here.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I've seen that look of frustration from O'Reilly before (staring out into space at the end of the game while leaning on his stick.....) I'd bet anyone here a steak dinner that he's had it with the coaching this team is receiving.

He came to Buffalo not only for the money but also to win!

I just hope ROR is not too much of a nice guy about it...

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
Id love to get baptiste on eichels wing and have them fly around the ice...give them a responsible dzone winger and go for it

Let kane be a madman on the 4th line, kane and carrier would be hell to play against, and if sam still struggles, ease his minutes on the 4th

Reinhart/ROR/Okposo
Girgensons/Eichel/Baptiste
Foligno/Larsson/Gionta
Kane/Grant/Carrier

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
You people are hilarious, the bending over backwards to justify these hot takes is gonna be awesome.

The bylsma clock is counting down. I imagine the convo between pegula and murray will be one embarrassing loss away.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I just hope ROR is not too much of a nice guy about it...
He didn't have anything complementary to say about Patrick Roy after Mike Yoe out coached him in the 1st Colorado-Minnesota playoff series. Still believe that was the beginning of his eventual exodus from the Avalanche organization.

CrazyPsycho

Elite Drafter
Sep 25, 2003
You people are hilarious, the bending over backwards to justify these hot takes is gonna be awesome.

The bylsma clock is counting down. I imagine the convo between pegula and murray will be one embarrassing loss away.

Just like rex ryan eh

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Just like rex ryan eh

Nah, I don't think ryan has a talented team that is underachieving. They are average at best at qb. They are going to have a record that is pretty indicative of the talent.

Bylsma is going to underachieve with a better team than he had the year before. He continues to make mistakes that he acknowledges were mistakes last year, mistakes that are unforced errors. Like overplaying ROR or refusing to experiment with his lineup in significant ways, when the team is objectively failing at even strength.

Like the flyers a decade ago, I think heads will have to roll for a season that regardless of injuries, has proven to be wasted. Wasting years of ROR's prime and not learning more about the flexibility of your roster while your young talent grows is hard to watch.

Real questions regarding what we have learned about several key players expected to be a part of the future.

1. Do we have any idea how eichel plays alongside ror for any extended stretches?
- I recall a few games where they played together for a shift or two beyond the pp.
-We don't know which plays better at center and who adjusts to the wing.
-hard to imagine that one wouldn't want to know how his two best players play together.

2. How does Kane look driving the third line?

Only happened in small doses, and was successful. Instead we continue to slam that round peg into the square hole.

3. Girgs with Eichel and Reinhart regularly?

-The few times it happened, fairly successful.

4. Systems?

-Ppl either think his sucks or that systems mean nothing... for conversation I'll say they matter a lot, and even if ppl disagree about the particulars, it sure would be nice to see some adjustment when failure repeatedly slaps you in the face.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Kulikov was by far the best shot generator on this team before his injury. He could be an answer.

This is a fair point. He was not bad for this team when he was in the lineup, tonight notwithstanding. I can't really complain about Kulikov, but his career stats do not give me any type of hope that he'll be the straw that stirs the drink for this team in the future.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Id love to get baptiste on eichels wing and have them fly around the ice...give them a responsible dzone winger and go for it

Let kane be a madman on the 4th line, kane and carrier would be hell to play against, and if sam still struggles, ease his minutes on the 4th

Reinhart/ROR/Okposo
Girgensons/Eichel/Baptiste
Foligno/Larsson/Gionta
Kane/Grant/Carrier

Yes...Sam to the fourth line so he can use that IQ to feed des and grant the puck for great chances...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad