Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Jimmy Vesey at eliteprospects.com

Jimmy Vesey Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

xWuzne0.png

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Hoping he can get 20 goals and be surprisingly effective as a depth option. Didn't like the move but I'm willing to see what he can do.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's got to be an improvement over last years bottom six forwards . Geez , I hope .

Offensively or defensively? His last two years he has basically played second line minutes with the Rangers so don’t expect a lot more if he is in a smaller role with lesser ice time . Granted, Howden was a boat anchor for him last year, so....

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
He's basically Sheary 2.0, which would be much easier to swallow if we weren't still saddled with Sheary 1.0.
Only saw him play once isn't he a bigger guy? Sheary is like 4'2 and falls all the time.Is he 6'3 and falls all the time? What's his strengths?

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Only saw him play once isn't he a bigger guy? Sheary is like 4'2 and falls all the time.Is he 6'3 and falls all the time? What's his strengths?

They're very similar players in terms of the role they're capable of filling. That role being they might provide a modest amount of secondary scoring if sufficiently coddled. Neither is a net positive when you weigh their limited offense against their deficiencies in other areas of the game. And it's likely both are going to take easy minutes away from players who could do a lot more with them just to try to mitigate their deficiencies.

Reactions: Paxon

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I think that people are going to be singing a different tune with Vesey once the season is in full swing. We are so starved for offense on this team that once he starts chipping away at his 15-20 goal season total it's going to feel long-awaited.

Reactions: lancaster14

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad