Confirmed with Link: Alex Nylander traded to Chicago for Henri Jokiharju

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Henri Jokiharju, D – Chicago Blackhawks/Rockford IceHogs (NHL/AHL)

HT/WT: 6-0/192
Drafted: 29th overall in the first round of the 2017 draft by Chicago
The Blackhawks used their 2017 first-round pick on Jokiharju, which was the first time they had picked inside the initial round since 2014. They have to be ecstatic that he was still there at the bottom of the round and the progress he’s made since they drafted him.
The Finnish defenseman had already made the jump to North America and was dominant in his draft plus-one year with the Portland Winterhawks of the WHL where he scored an exceptional 71 points, including 12 goals, in only 63 games.
He wasn’t expected to make the Hawks roster out of camp, but he took a big step forward while adding some much needed muscle to his frame and was able to land a spot in Chicago where he hasn’t looked out of place. He has had a couple of stints in the AHL when the Blackhawks rationalized that extra ice-time would be more helpful in terms of his development and he has gone almost a point-per-game from the back end while in Rockford.
He is mainly an offensive defenseman and has earned 19 minutes of ice per game including a minute on the power play when he was in the NHL. The defensive side of the puck could still use some development, but the rookie has acclimatized nicely at the world’s biggest stage and will only get better with time.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I like Jokiharju. Risto definitely on the move, no?
I recall Chicago fans stating Jokiharju's play going down the toilet once Quenneville left. I don't know if he's NHL ready, let alone capable of beating out any of the RD already on the roster.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I wonder if Nylander saw the writing on the wall and asked out

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
I recall Chicago fans stating Jokiharju's play going down the toilet once Quenneville left. I don't know if he's NHL ready, let alone capable of beating out any of the RD already on the roster.

Even if he's not ready right away, he's clearly part of the not-to-distant future. Which means that Ristolainen is not.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
I won't be all that mad if Nylander blossoms elsewhere. Maybe Yotes fans feel the same about Strome

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->