Confirmed with Link: John Gilmour To Sabres. 1 year, $700k

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
But lazar is thread worthy ? Both players probably for Rochester. Don’t get what the big deal is.

Not a big deal...but Lazar is more of a recognizable name based on his recent draft pedigree.

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
This is what you do with money. Other teams offer lucrative two way contracts. We make them one ways cause who gives a f***. Makes sure we get the player we’ve identified and we go from there. If he’s waived to the AHL I’m sure Terry doesn’t care about an extra 300-500 thousand for someone who could help the NHL roster.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This is what you do with money. Other teams offer lucrative two way contracts. We make them one ways cause who gives a ****. Makes sure we get the player we’ve identified and we go from there. If he’s waived to the AHL I’m sure Terry doesn’t care about an extra 300-500 thousand for someone who could help the NHL roster.

Yep, the one-way deal just makes it less palatable for other teams to claim him. No biggie.

Reactions: sabresEH

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Gilmour - Borgen could be a good top pair in Rochester, I imagine.

Along with the likes of Redmond, Gosselin, MacWilliam, Bryson, Hickey, Fitzgerald, etc. They already have some solid depth down there. Sure.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
More defense? Why?

For Rochester, presumably. Seems like a TJ Brennan type---excellent offensive producer at the AHL level, not an NHL player. He and Redmond should give the Amerks some good production from the blue line. (Plus, hopefully Bryson's offense translates also.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->