Post-Game Talk: #26| New York Islanders @ Montreal Canadiens | December 3rd | 7:00 PM | F/L 4-2

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Ugh, awful effort tonight.

I tell ya though, I had a very vivid, islanders related dream while I was taking my nap between the 2nd and 3rd period.

As I'm walking around, the interior of the ship starts to resemble a concourse of a nice arena. I end up running into Dennis Potvin, who's just standing in the concourse/ship thing, as though he's waiting for someone. We lock eyes, he smiles, I walk up to him and say "nice to meet you Mr. Potvin" and hes like "Where've you been? I've been waiting for you so we can watch this game!". I'm honored, and mad at myself that I was screwing around on the ship, while I could have been watching an islander game with an islander legend.
/Dream

In my dream, err, I mean reality, Potvin arrives for practice at Racquet and Rink in Farmingdale every day just 5 minutes before practice starts. I say, "Mr. Potvin, can I have your autograph?", and his reply is always "I'm running late kid, catch you on the way out", and then after practice we never see him again. Secret escape door? Stays in locker room for hours? Who knows. Got every other Islander player's autograph scores of times. His? Zero.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
You cant win every game, but that 17 game point streak has quickly turned into a 2-3-1 streak with all of the losses coming to pretty bad teams. Not good.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Well that didn’t go too smooth.

Hopefully just hit a rough patch and will be over it soon.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Yup. From the replay, it did look like a crosscheck straight to the face....

The fact that it wasn't called a penalty is all the league needs as an excuse not to discipline it.

That tackle wouldn't have flown in rugby or Aussie rules... Amazing how it was considered ok on Barzal.

Barzal must talk, a lot. I don't understand the treatment otherwise.

NYI desperately need that speedy forward. It's going to be a grind until they get one.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Team has turned back into the team we saw in the beginning of the year. not as committed. too satisfied and not enough talent to sustain the lulls. this team needs a top flight scorer and a 3d line center - tho i could argue we should pencil in Cizikas in that role since i dont think our vaunted 4th line has been nearly as effective this year as last. MM has lost a step and Clutter cant score for shit.

HALL-Barzal-Beau
Lee-Nelson-Brassard
Bailey-Cizikas-Eberle
Clutter-Bardreau-Wahlstrom

norwegianislander

May 9, 2009
Hamar, Norway
I know Matt Martin is not there to score, but holly shit was he bad last night. Three steps behind every play. He looks totally lost out there. He must be one of the players Trotz talked about.

The bottom 6 is a mess and Trotz and Lou needs to fix this.

Bassard-Cole-Komorav
Dal Colle-CC-CC

Colle can do a better job then MM right now. MM doesnt even go after players now.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
It's time for Michael Dal Colle to be sent down to the AHL. He is an empty jersey. He doesn't do any one thing particularly well. The NHL is a results league and Dal Colle isn't getting any results here.
I'd rater see Bardreau back. At least he played with a bit of an edge. MDC is just emptiness personified, but as the poster above said, he is no worse than Martin at the moment. Martin is supposed to be a big role player but I'd much rather see Johnston in for him now

Reactions: QuadDeuces

broncs918

Mar 26, 2009
Can’t for the life of me understand why Lou hasn’t upgraded , hasn’t made a trade since Matt Martin...this team is 2/3 players away

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
You cant win every game, but that 17 game point streak has quickly turned into a 2-3-1 streak with all of the losses coming to pretty bad teams. Not good.

giphy.gif

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Yes and Trotz has done this with a roster that could and should be upgraded
It should, but if you ask why Lou hasn’t been itching to make a trade, the record is the reason he can be patient and wait for the right deal.

Reactions: dood

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
It's time for Michael Dal Colle to be sent down to the AHL. He is an empty jersey. He doesn't do any one thing particularly well. The NHL is a results league and Dal Colle isn't getting any results here.

It takes me a period to figure out if he was scratched, I can't recall a player that did absolutely nothing all game in a long time, maybe Brian Rolston when he was in Blue and Orange.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Can’t for the life of me understand why Lou hasn’t upgraded , hasn’t made a trade since Matt Martin...this team is 2/3 players away

What team is deeming themselves out of contention at this point to make a trade besides the Red Wings, who don't have anyone that I would want that they would shop

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
I know Matt Martin is not there to score, but holly **** was he bad last night. Three steps behind every play. He looks totally lost out there. He must be one of the players Trotz talked about.

The bottom 6 is a mess and Trotz and Lou needs to fix this.

Bassard-Cole-Komorav
Dal Colle-CC-CC

Colle can do a better job then MM right now. MM doesnt even go after players now.

I believe Martin to be injured. MDC played himself back out of the line-up last night. I imagine that a call up or two is in the offing. Holiday freeze is fast approaching. Any trade to be made?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->